• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Francisco Lindor signs monster extension (10 years, $341 million)

mmc

38 minutes ago, mmc said:

Curious what the reactions would be if the Angels gave him this deal in free agency next year 

Nowhere near as bad as if they make a play for Baez.    The only SS who I'd feel comfortable signing to a big contract is Seager.. even with the injury history.   But if they chase Baez...  Egads.

5 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Looks like Paasan had all the actual details and Heyman got word of the signing first.

I’m not sure how that makes Passan look “behind the times.”

Heyman is terrible at getting and reporting accurate inside information compared to Passan.

Heyman sometimes gets news of something actually happening just before others.

What is the real value in that?  We get a Heyman headline 7 minutes before we would have gotten it anyway?  So what?

Heyman is basically the fat guy in a pickup basketball game spending the whole game lingering at half court watching everyone else actually play basketball, just cherry picking the whole game to get his three or four uncontested layups.

I think Heyman is pretty lame regardless of him sometimes hearing about an actual agreement five minutes before everybody else.

“First reported by” is trivial versus actually breaking news that others were not gong to get at all.

Should we care who reports any of this stuff first? 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Should we care who reports any of this stuff first? 

On stuff that will come out anyway?  No, not really.  How much value is there in knowing player X signed a deal with whatever team at 1pm versus 138 pm?

To me, as close to zero as possible.

I care more about an actual insider that gets real information that would not otherwise come out.

Tell me the Angels are actually trying to trade for player X when that news was not out there otherwise, and I am interested.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

On stuff that will come out anyway?  No, not really.  How much value is there in knowing player X signed a deal with whatever team at 1pm versus 138 pm?

To me, as close to zero as possible.

I care more about an actual insider that gets real information that would not otherwise come out.

Tell me the Angels are actually trying to trade for player X when that news was not out there otherwise, and I am interested.

I think it's only important for fantasy related stuff. If you follow someone who reports it first then you can get to that waiver wire quicker than the rest of the league. It seems weird to me that these sports writers are fairly competitive about it and I'm not sure why 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 12:42 PM, Inside Pitch said:

Nowhere near as bad as if they make a play for Baez.    The only SS who I'd feel comfortable signing to a big contract is Seager.. even with the injury history.   But if they chase Baez...  Egads.

I think if they sign Baez we'll know how much of the roster is Maddon vs. Minasian.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

I think if they sign Baez we'll know how much of the roster is Maddon vs. Minasian.  

For long-term signings the roster is going to be completely Minasian. He will let Maddon have his bench guys but Minasian isn't risking his career on a player that a manager with two years left on his contract wants.

Please remember, Maddon isn't his guy. He didn't hire him and he will certainly replace him if the Angels aren't in the playoffs or if Maddon goes rogue and refuses analytics advice from the front office. 

Minasian is going to still be here in 3 years, Maddon may not be.