• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What has to happen this season for you to consider it a success?

mmc

What has to happen this season for you to consider it a success?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What has to happen this season for you to consider it a success?

• The Angels need to win the World Series
    • The Angels need to make the World Series
    • The Angels need to get to the ALCS
    • The Angels need to get to the ALDS
    • The Angels need to make the playoffs
    • The Angels need to finish over .500
    • The Angels need to be playing meaningful games through September, but not necessarily finish with a winning record
    • Other (please state what in your reply)

I agree with Times writer Dylan Hernandez's opening day analysis of the Angels late spring Dumpster dive makeover of the bullpen. All these guys are cuts and rejects from around MLB. It seems to be a strategy that enough quantity may reveal some quality, when it usually does not. I saw a ranking of the Angels BP at 15th. Better than 29th, I guess.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:05 PM, bloodbrother said:

Looking at the roster, I'd say simply making the playoffs. Not sure they're good enough to do it but any time you have Trout that has to be the minimum result to consider the season to be any sort of success IMO. It's been downright pitiful seeing them be a consistent top 10 payroll team with the best player in the game continuously finishing below .500 the last 5 years

Good news is the division looks pretty weak overall so it's doable

In 2015 we missed the WC to Houston by 1 game on Oct 4, 2015. On Sept. 30, 2015 we were only 0.5 game behind both the Rangers and Astros for the division title. So I think that is playing meaningful baseball up until the last game of the season.