• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Noe Ramirez

mmc

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Well, there is our "outside acquisition," so to speak.

I'm fine with Noe as a middle reliever.  He's serviceable.  If Mayers has indeed seen his stuff decline though, we're going to be a bit short on high leverage arms.  

Nothing stopping them from adding more still. Lots of names out there next couple days and lots of room on the depth chart.

• mmc changed the title to Angels sign Noe Ramirez
4 hours ago, Trendon said:
4 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Our high-leverage relievers are Iglesias, Mayers, maybe Sandoval, and maybe CRod if his stuff holds up?

This is the biggest question mark I have right now.

I actually think the middle relief and long relief part of the bullpen may be better than it has been

Noe can strike guys out.

5 minutes ago, cals said:

Fuck.  This.

This is a big plus.  I like this move (at least compared to the waiver wire).

57 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I am OK with this, at least until Felix Pena is ready to pitch.  We still need a long reliever, and Maddon sounds like he prefers CRod in short relief. 

Slegers typically pitched between 2-3 innings per appearance with the Rays last year, so if we need a multi-inning reliever, he can likely fill this role.

Also, depending on what we do with Sandoval, he's very capable of pitching 2-3 innings too, although I think he actually has the upside to be a high-leverage reliever.  We can deploy him against the tough lefties another team has and still know he can get RHH out too.

32 minutes ago, Revad said:

Don’t forget it wasn’t that long ago when I was known as the where’s the fucking pitching guy

34 minutes ago, Revad said:

Noe can strike guys out.

This is a big plus.  I like this move (at least compared to the waiver wire).

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

4 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

So strange that they optioned Buttrey. They do not have anyone better than him after Iglesias and Mayers. I'm not quite following unless they are signing 2-3 guys today. 

Buttery was good the year we got him at the trade deadline (2018) and I think he got off to a decent start in 2019...but he hasn’t been very good, or at least reasonably consistent, since then...

4 hours ago, sammyscioscia said:

What GM doesn't want to look good in the show? I'm sure something bigger is behind the why, but optics could be what tipped the scale.

somebody's been watching too many sports movies. they're high level management of multi million dollar companies in a multi billion dollar industry. i can say with a high degree of certainty that the wild west days of mlb are long over and this is not how their thinking works.

8 hours ago, sammyscioscia said:

What GM doesn't want to look good in the show? I'm sure something bigger is behind the why, but optics could be what tipped the scale.

On the other hand, Minasian looks bad if he brings back Ramirez and he ends up struggling.

So yeah, he could look smart by bringing back Ramirez, but he could also look bad if he brings him back and he doesn't produce.

59 minutes ago, Trendon said:

So if it isn't a major league deal for Ramirez, the Angels may still have room to add to their bullpen externally.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Buttrey just hasn’t been good. I’m guessing they’ll go with Guerra, Rodriguez, Sandoval, Slegers, Barria, and Noe to fill it out. Unless they add somebody in the next few days.