• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FSW and Angels Baseball

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Send me a pdf of the contract, and I will get back to you.

Just as a reminder, when the SportsNet LA was in a similar "lack of eyeballs" predicament with the Dodgers, the Dodgers somehow found a way to put at least a few games on over-the-air tv.

So someone in the Dodgers organization figured it out.  Arte the Marketing Genius can't.

https://mynewsla.com/sports/2018/02/24/five-dodger-games-to-air-on-ktla-tv-channel-5/

https://ktla.com/sports/dodgers-on-ktla-5-more-games-to-air-on-channel-5-this-summer-2/

remembering that it took about 5 or 6 years for this dodgers channel to finally be on a SECOND local cable channel, this isn't really bolstering your argument.

they finally got a contract with directv last year to add it to the lineup. genious!

and i still have no idea who replaced vin scully.

13 hours ago, Tank said:

emembering that it took about 5 or 6 years for this dodgers channel to finally be on a SECOND local cable channel, this isn't really bolstering your argument.

they finally got a contract with directv last year to add it to the lineup. genious!

And the Dodgers (rightfully) caught a boatload of shit for it.  Only in Angelswin fairyland is management not responsible for their product reaching so few eyeballs.

I'm under contract with Dish until September.

Last summer, I made a deal with a friend to be on her hulu subscription, to watch Angels games on fsw.  Now Hulu doesn't have FSW.

I'll make some decisions in September.  If I miss hearing Gubicza telling me several dozen times about how a hitter's hands came through the zone; or Pujols' career numbers in Houston; I'll survive.

11 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

And the Dodgers (rightfully) caught a boatload of shit for it.  Only in Angelswin fairyland is management not responsible for their product reaching so few eyeballs.

I agree we should have a conversation with the management of Bally Sports on why their product isn’t being seen by more eyeballs. 

38 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I'm under contract with Dish until September.

Last summer, I made a deal with a friend to be on her hulu subscription, to watch Angels games on fsw.  Now Hulu doesn't have FSW.

I'll make some decisions in September.  If I miss hearing Gubicza telling me several dozen times about how a hitter's hands came through the zone; or Pujols' career numbers in Houston; I'll survive.

Or Gubby explaining on a replay that the bat did or did not cross the plate to be a swing or not, even though this “rule” literally does not exist and is entirely in his imagination.

12 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Or Gubby explaining on a replay that the bat did or did not cross the plate to be a swing or not, even though this “rule” literally does not exist and is entirely in his imagination.

Wait, isn't that the rule? Have I been misled since I was a kid?

Also, Gubby.

33 minutes ago, TaylorBot said:

Wait, isn't that the rule? Have I been misled since I was a kid?

Also, Gubby.

There is no actual rule at all on what constitutes a swing, other than if the umpire believes you swing.  100% subjective.

Now it is true that many umpires develop their own mental “rule” to attempt to stay consistent, and they would be perfectly free on their own to decide that the bat crossing the plate (or whatever they decide instead) will be their test.

I guess Gubby annoys me on this because it is a fairly interesting point to make explaining that there is actually no rule but that umpires can use their own discretion.

Yet Gubby will talk ad nauseous about the bat crossing the plate and never explain that this is not a rule at all.

I didn’t know that there was no definition of what a swing is or isn’t.  This isn’t just a Gubi thing, because I have listened to every broadcaster we have had sine the late 70’s.  Everyone of them talked about breaking the plain of the plate.  Did the bat cross the front of the plate?  That has been talked about so much since I was a kid, I trusted that that was the actual definition of a swing.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I didn’t know that there was no definition of what a swing is or isn’t.  This isn’t just a Gubi thing, because I have listened to every broadcaster we have had sine the late 70’s.  Everyone of them talked about breaking the plain of the plate.  Did the bat cross the front of the plate?  That has been talked about so much since I was a kid, I trusted that that was the actual definition of a swing.  

I know.  Me too.  Then I discovered this isn’t a rule.  I suppose the explanation is that maybe umpires try to also be consistent among each other and maybe the agreed upon vibe is to loosely follow this visual test?

And that’s great, but my “complaint” is that a color analyst should probably know this and it is an opportunity to discuss it and explain it accurately.

In my opinion the subject is far more interesting explained as it not being an actual rule, and the point of the color analyst is to add interesting information.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I know.  Me too.  Then I discovered this isn’t a rule.  I suppose the explanation is that maybe umpires try to also be consistent among each other and maybe the agreed upon vibe is to loosely follow this visual test?

And that’s great, but my “complaint” is that a color analyst should probably know this and it is an opportunity to discuss it and explain it accurately.

In my opinion the subject is far more interesting explained as it not being an actual rule, and the point of the color analyst is to add interesting information.

This isn’t a shot at you, but in general if someone bugs you, then they simply bug you.  So if Gubi acknowledged it wasn’t a rule, then you would be bothered that he talks about it not being a rule each time it comes up.  I don’t think these guys are going to somehow create some deep interesting discussion on the matter that will be thought provoking.  

Just now, Stradling said:

This isn’t a shot at you, but in general if someone bugs you, then they simply bug you.  So if Gubi acknowledged it wasn’t a rule, then you would be bothered that he talks about it not being a rule each time it comes up.  I don’t think these guys are going to somehow create some deep interesting discussion on the matter that will be thought provoking.  

True and not true.

Gibby doesn’t really affect me one way or another overall.

But I agree some people just bug you no matter what.

Owners should try to do whatever they can in order to help their team get on TV for fans to watch.  But the reality is they don't -- because it has no immediate impact to them financially.  They have their TV, broadcast, etc. money from MLB and local deals.  Team values keep going way up.  If anything, they likely think it means more fans in the stands.  But fact is, it hurts the long-term of the sport (very long-term). 

I haven't been able to watch the Angels local broadcast since the 2019 ended.  My interest for this season is WAY down because i have no ability to watch them on TV.  Worst yet (for Arte/MLB), my two boys have zero interest now in talkin baseball and anything about it.  The lack of watching it on TV just is a killer for them interest wise.  Football -- on TV all the time and interest sky high (same with other sports that are easily assessable).   My oldest boy cried when the angels got eliminated by KC the last time they made the playoffs.  Now he couldn't care less about the Angels/MLB.

3 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Owners should try to do whatever they can in order to help their team get on TV for fans to watch.  But the reality is they don't -- because it has no immediate impact to them financially.  They have their TV, broadcast, etc. money from MLB and local deals.  Team values keep going way up.  If anything, they likely think it means more fans in the stands.  But fact is, it hurts the long-term of the sport (very long-term). 

I haven't been able to watch the Angels local broadcast since the 2019 ended.  My interest for this season is WAY down because i have no ability to watch them on TV.  Worst yet (for Arte/MLB), my two boys have zero interest now in talkin baseball and anything about it.  The lack of watching it on TV just is a killer for them interest wise.  Football -- on TV all the time and interest sky high (same with other sports that are easily assessable).   My oldest boy cried when the angels got eliminated by KC the last time they made the playoffs.  Now he couldn't care less about the Angels/MLB.

But there are ways for you to watch games. You just choose not to, for whatever the reason.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

That sucks.  So what is the consensus on the best (most economical?) way to get games?

The way I understand it, you only have 2 options if you live in So. Cal.  AT&T or cable. You can also view through MLBTV but if you're local, you have to use a VPN to disguise your location because it's blacked out locally.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sorry if the answer already exists in the thread but. . .

I have Hulu.  I will not be able to watch Angels games on Hulu now??

Correct. For this reason we switched from Hulu Live TV to AT&T Live TV. The cost is $15 more per month, but at least you get a year of HBO Max thrown in for free.