• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels use potential Opening Day lineup in game against Rockies

THE GAME: The Angels used the 10 players who are likely to be in their Opening Day lineup, including pitcher Dylan Bundy, in a 6-5 loss to the Colorado Rockies on Thursday at Salt River Fields in Scottsdale, Ariz.

PITCHING REPORT: Bundy gave up five runs in 5-2/3 innings, throwing 85 pitches. He allowed home runs to Chris Owings and former Angel C.J. Cron. Bundy’s fastball averaged 92.3 mph, and he hit 94 mph. His last pitch of the day was 93.1 mph, which was harder than any pitch he threw last season. He hadn’t hit 94 since 2019. “I haven’t really been working on velocity at all,” Bundy said. “I noticed in my last outing the velo was up a tick. I’m not sure what you can attribute that to, but take advantage of it I guess and see how it goes.” Although he gave up some hard contact, Bundy said he was pleased that he didn’t walk anyone and he was satisfied with “the shape of my pitches.” Bundy completed spring training by allowing six earned runs in 17-1/3 innings, a 3.12 ERA. … Right-hander Raisel Iglesias gave up a homer to Owings. Iglesias has allowed two homers, and three runs, in seven innings. … Right-hander Chris Rodriguez retired the only two batters he faced. Rodriguez allowed four runs in seven innings this spring. He has an outside chance at breaking camp as a reliever, even though he has not pitched above Class-A and appeared in just three games in 2019. “He’s right there in the mix,” Manager Joe Maddon said. “We haven’t finalized things yet, but he’s looking really good.”

HITTING REPORT: The Angels used a lineup of David Fletcher, Shohei Ohtani, Mike Trout, Anthony Rendon, Justin Upton, Albert Pujols, José Iglesias, Max Stassi and Dexter Fowler. The biggest question is whether Pujols or Jared Walsh would start at first. Maddon, however, said it wasn’t intended to be a preview of the Opening Day lineup, and in fact bench coach Mike Gallego had made the lineup, as he’s been doing throughout the spring. “It’s possible,” Maddon said of using this lineup on April 1 against the Chicago White Sox. “It’s a pretty good lineup. I like it.” … Ohtani launched a homer down the left-field line in his first at-bat. It was the team-leading fifth homer of the spring for Ohtani, who is 16 for 28 (.571) this spring. … Jose Iglesias and Max Stassi hit back-to-back homers – with Iglesias’ drive sailing 434 feet – in the second inning. Dexter Fowler then missed making it three in a row by a few feet when his drive hit the top of the fence, for a double. Fowler later hit a flyout to the track in center field. Both balls left Fowler’s bat at more than 100 mph, which is an encouraging sign for a player who has slumped most of the spring. … Juan Lagares blasted a 454-foot homer, his first of the spring.

DEFENSE REPORT: Stassi pounced on a dribbler up the third base line just before it went foul. The catcher then fired to first to get the out.

UP NEXT: Angels vs. Padres, Saturday, 1 p.m. PT, Tempe Diablo Stadium, Fox Sports West, 830 AM

View the full article