Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

  • AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Angels return Rule 5 pick Jose Alberto Rivera back to the Astros


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ThisismineScios said:

I thought Maddon's comments were interesting about his velocity. He said it wasn't as high as they had heard. I don't think this was just a Visa/ramp up issue that caused such a large dip. 

One of his outings he was sitting low 90's. Huge dip from someone that was hitting triple digits a year ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Jose Alberto Rivera was ranked 11th on the Angels top prospect list  by MLB Pipeline.

LOL. 

Always thought he was a total crap-shoot.  Not surprised they returned him, given the lack of work he got in and the fact that his fastball didn't live up to the legend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't care, but now Im upset about Sorriano.

Yeah losing Jose Soriano is pretty inexcusable when you consider he could've been stashed on the 60 day DL most of the season AND that he projects into an extremely capable reliever, and this team is very short on those.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole Jose Alberto Rivera Experience with the Angels was interesting.

I doubt anything this cynical happened, but I'm gonna just toss them out there because I have no idea if they could've happened or not.

1- Could the Astros have had anything to due with Rivera's visa issues? They were his former employer, so it seems like that could've played a factor. And they obviously wouldn't want to lose him to a division rival.

2- Him showing up to Angels camp and pitching in the low 90's after reportedly being in the high 90's and hitting 102 as a starter is kind of strange. He loses velocity and then the Angels ship him back to Houston.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Trendon said:

The whole Jose Alberto Rivera Experience with the Angels was interesting.

I doubt anything this cynical happened, but I'm gonna just toss them out there because I have no idea if they could've happened or not.

1- Could the Astros have had anything to due with Rivera's visa issues? They were his former employer, so it seems like that could've played a factor. And they obviously wouldn't want to lose him to a division rival.

2- Him showing up to Angels camp and pitching in the low 90's after reportedly being in the high 90's and hitting 102 as a starter is kind of strange. He loses velocity and then the Angels ship him back to Houston.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trendon said:

The whole Jose Alberto Rivera Experience with the Angels was interesting.

I doubt anything this cynical happened, but I'm gonna just toss them out there because I have no idea if they could've happened or not.

1- Could the Astros have had anything to due with Rivera's visa issues? They were his former employer, so it seems like that could've played a factor. And they obviously wouldn't want to lose him to a division rival.

2- Him showing up to Angels camp and pitching in the low 90's after reportedly being in the high 90's and hitting 102 as a starter is kind of strange. He loses velocity and then the Angels ship him back to Houston.

i have to ask, the curiosity will kill me. how would the astros have any power over his visa?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trendon said:

The whole Jose Alberto Rivera Experience with the Angels was interesting.

I doubt anything this cynical happened, but I'm gonna just toss them out there because I have no idea if they could've happened or not.

1- Could the Astros have had anything to due with Rivera's visa issues? They were his former employer, so it seems like that could've played a factor. And they obviously wouldn't want to lose him to a division rival.

2- Him showing up to Angels camp and pitching in the low 90's after reportedly being in the high 90's and hitting 102 as a starter is kind of strange. He loses velocity and then the Angels ship him back to Houston.

I think Rivera was on a secret mission for Bill Gates...probably microchiped...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yeah losing Jose Soriano is pretty inexcusable when you consider he could've been stashed on the 60 day DL most of the season AND that he projects into an extremely capable reliever, and this team is very short on those.

Don’t be surprised if they get him back sometime this summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Don’t be surprised if they get him back sometime this summer. 

I'd be pretty surprised if they get him back. The Pirates can stash him on the 60 day IL for a couple months and then stash him in their bullpen. They aren't going to be good at all, so it's gonna be pretty easy for them to keep him on the active roster even with any bad performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...