• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are your least favorite things about baseball?

ScottT

9th inning, with a 2 run lead or more and the pitcher walks a batter.

No. Never. I absolutely hate it. Aside from a double play prospect (and often especially with 2 outs they just give the runner 2nd base via catcher’s indifference) in that situation a walk and a HR are the same thing. Pitchers have got to challenge the hitter. (See Percival vs. Bonds, ‘02 World Series, Game 2.)

Fans that spend more time paying attention to their tablet or cell phone than the game.

'Buttercup'

Beachballs, the wave, thunder sticks, and fans that hold up large signs.

Obnoxious Red Sox and Yankee fans.

Anything Dodger.

The new extra inning rule. (putting a runner at 2nd Base)

The new double-header rule. (7 inning games)

The MLB for trying to speed up the game.

Players that stand at home plate for 15 seconds to admire their Homeruns, then do their own specialized 'bat flip' before rounding the base's. 

Inter-league play.

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

ill simply it to just one because it covers most of what i dont like today... how excessive analytics have changed it.

As frustrating as Scioscia or Maddon can be, bucking the station to station, launch angle and three outcomes does provide a refreshing change from the computer generated game play.

Of course having talent to execute a high risk/reward game is required. Something the Angels lacked for about 5 years running. Currently there is just enough to make the Angels one of the more entertaining teams out there. 

Oh, and fuck Manfred.

53 minutes ago, Blarg said:

As frustrating as Scioscia or Maddon can be, bucking the station to station, launch angle and three outcomes does provide a refreshing change from the computer generated game play.

Of course having talent to execute a high risk/reward game is required. Something the Angels lacked for about 5 years running. Currently there is just enough to make the Angels one of the more entertaining teams out there. 

Oh, and fuck Manfred.

I've never understood why teams refused to use advanced analytics to just play THAT game better.  Theo said it best when he used the term "efficiency" when describing the evolution of analytics and baseball.  Why do four actions to score a run when you can score two with two?????  That's been the mindset.  Assign a value to every action then avoid the ones with the greatest risks...  Also, finding fast guys that can do everything else is harder than slow guys that can walk and thump.  They chose the path of least resistance.

Best thing baseball did this winter IMO was to hire Theo to have him look at impacting the rules and action.  How better to deconstruct something than to bring in one of its chief architects.  Those little things being tried out in the minors stand a very good chance of swinging the pendulum away from where things are and the Angels moving away from station to station baseball now may give them a head start.  Also, all those extreme athletes Eppler drafted may end up gaining value.

Blatant hit by pitches. Stupid unwritten rules of baseball - Why can't I steal in a 10-2 game? Why can't I try to bunt for a hit during a no-hitter? Players are supposed to be professional. So it's okay to hit 3 homers in a 20-3 game, but I can't steal a base??!

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Oh, and fuck Manfred.

I agree with pretty much all of this 🙂