• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are your favorite things about baseball?

Hidden ball trick.

Bo Jackson's rocket to gun down Howard Renyolds at home.

Nolan Ryans freezing batter with a 3-2 hammer.

Mantle almost launching a bomb out of Yankee Stadium hitting the facade.

Gaylord Perry getting nailed and even writes a book about it.

Boutons book BALL FOUR. Hilarious.

Milton Bradley's reaction on a close call strike 3.

Billy Martin v Reggie Jackson

Cheap beer night.

Lou Gehrig speech.

Burning disco records.

White Sox softball uniforms.

Leslie Nielsons dancing umpire.

Bob Uecker advice on catching a knuckleball. 

Tim Salmon carrying WS trophy.

Yogi.

End of part I.

Johndw52 

Jimmie Reese hitting fungoes during pregame

Ryan pitching a no-no (even for the Rangers)

Getting into Anaheim stadium for free after the 7th inning

Driving past the strawberry field on Harbor Blvd across from Disneyland on way to game

Bill Rigney, Joe Torre doing color analysis for the Angels

Dick Enberg and Don Wells

Dick Enberg and Don Drysdale

California Angels theme song  

Vince Scully's stories.

Willy Mays's bucket catches

Dick Enberg's home run call.

Buckey F'n Dent (Im a native New Yorker)).

San Diego Chicken

Billy Martin v Steinbrenner rounds 1,2 and 3

Hank Aaron talent + CLASS

Darin Erstad  more balls then a Hollywood stuntman.

Bob Gibson's 1968

Miracle Mets

The Cowboy

Seeing Original Yankee Stadium for the first time. Rich, green and manicured perfectly. 1960. Heaven on earth.

Brooks at third.

Bill Lee- The Moon Man. Fenway security caught him trying to measure the  left field line. Funny guy.

Mark Fidrych talking to the ball.

ST. College the night of the big win. No burning police cars too! 

Scott Shields rubber arm.

Mike Trout nuff said.

Wally World

Good Night

Johndw52

An Angels monster inning like the 8 runs in Game 4 in the 2002 ALDS against the Yankees or the 10 runs in Game 5 in the ALCS vs. the Twins. I still remember how loud and joyous the ballpark was. That Yankee inning was so cathartic. Every hit that Saturday afternoon in the 5th inning just dropped in inches from a glove or found the perfect gap batter after batter and seemed to wipe away 1982, 86 and 95 all at once. And it happened again 8 days later. After all the years of frustration and almosts, this time - this time! - the wind is at our backs and the momentum is unstoppable. 

57 minutes ago, LAA Road Tripper said:

An Angels monster inning like the 8 runs in Game 4 in the 2002 ALDS against the Yankees or the 10 runs in Game 5 in the ALCS vs. the Twins. I still remember how loud and joyous the ballpark was. That Yankee inning was so cathartic. Every hit that Saturday afternoon in the 5th inning just dropped in inches from a glove or found the perfect gap batter after batter and seemed to wipe away 1982, 86 and 95 all at once. And it happened again 8 days later. After all the years of frustration and almosts, this time - this time! - the wind is at our backs and the momentum is unstoppable. 

That was awesome. I remember just looking at my brothers and laughing. 

Crazy double plays turned.

Slo mo replays where someone barely beats a throw.

Signature swings like Junior. Or stances, like junior.

Goofy players like Aybar, and OC. Solid ballplayers who are also entertainers.

Seeing grown men, who are pro athletes, still keeping superstitions going, like not stepping on the chalk lines.

5 hours ago, Fish Oil said:

The one play that always gets me out of my seat, even at home, is the suicide squeeze.

In that singular instance, to me, it's the most exciting play in the game.

In that singular instance, it's the only play in baseball.

On 3/19/2021 at 1:21 PM, Dochalo said:

Being in contention.  Attending those late season or playoff games where the energy is nuts.  

I went to a lot of games during the 2002 season, and as much as I enjoyed seeing game 6 of the WS in person, that June series against the M's and the early September series against the A's were some of the best games I've ever seen live. The tension in those series was just so palpable.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Crazy double plays turned.

Slo mo replays where someone barely beats a throw.

Signature swings like Junior. Or stances, like junior.

Goofy players like Aybar, and OC. Solid ballplayers who are also entertainers.

Seeing grown men, who are pro athletes, still keeping superstitions going, like not stepping on the chalk lines.

I'll add Vlad to that list. To this day he's my single favorite player I've ever seen live. There are some guys I've seen that were objectively better for sure, but peak Vlad was just so much fun. It seemed like he'd do two or three things every week that I didn't think were possible.

I love visiting different ballparks. Nothing like it in any other sport.  Staples Center is quite a bit different than Honda Center, but you are still in an arena.  The dimensions are the same.  You don't experience the "character" of Oakland Alameda County Coliseum.... or whatever it's called now.  You don't see the Rocky Mountains or McCovey Cove.  The Green Monster. The Big A.  The Arch. The ivy at Wrigley.   I've been to half of the current parks... even the Ray tank in St Petersburg is memorable. I  can't wait to get to another... maybe three or four more... this year.

7 hours ago, Don said:

I went to a lot of games during the 2002 season, and as much as I enjoyed seeing game 6 of the WS in person, that June series against the M's and the early September series against the A's were some of the best games I've ever seen live. The tension in those series was just so palpable.

September 12 against Oakland was one of the best games ever.

I remember Chavez hitting one out in about the 8th (may have been the 7th). Gives a douchey look to the Oakland dugout.

Erstad came in in the bottom of the 9th i think. Either got a hit or pinch ran. Stole 2cd and had his helmet come off. Got moved to 3rd. 

Speeze comes in, doubles off the wall. Erstad just jogs in from 3rd, never looking at the ball, fist raised as he comes in. I think it was a walk off.

That oakland series, to me, was what set them up for the playoffs. That whole series was as tight and do or die as any series they have in october.