• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are your favorite things about baseball?

A late inning rally of 3 or 4 runs to win the game.

listening to an announcer or announcing team tell great stories. My favorite tv moments were listening to Vinny and Joe Garagiola tell stories during the WS and relate it to the situation on the field, especially during critical moments. The entire call of Gibsons homer in game 1 in the 88 WS is a perfect moment.

There is no feeling like waliking out of the stadium after the team has pulled off a come back win in the 9th inning.  This is especially sweet if you have traveled to see the Angels on the road.

Watching players doing the little things, like backing up throws to third, home or the pitcher.

The sweep tag to nip a runner at the bag.

The 5-4-3, 3-6-3, or 4-6-3 Double play. 

Seeing the Angels play at other stadiums, especially Seattle.

Edited by Slegnaac

In no particular order.

1 - a chance for a triple with men on base and 0 or 1 out in a close game. The runner has to decide if he risks being thrown  out or getting in scoring position with less than two out. Also hilites speed, outfield defense and arm and a smooth infield relay. 

2- bases loaded late in a tie game. Pure hitter versus pitcher. 

3 - the symmetry and rhythm of a full season. And the anecdotes and discussions of radio broadcasts. Listened to many great stories and historical yarns over the years. Keeps tradition alive.

P_20201222_001034_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

P_20201216_160351_vHDR_Auto.jpg

10 hours ago, floplag said:

The mental aspect of it, the games played between pitcher and batter, runner on base, the defensive dynamics... a great throw from RF to 3B, catcher keeping runners honest, stretching hits, great baserunning, diving catches, SS in the hole, 2B up the middle, 3B bare handing a roller... and the list goes on.
As  im writing this i realize much of this really doesnt exist so much anymore which may explain my waning interest over the last few years.  I follow the angels, not so much baseball itself anymore.  The game has dulled itself down since the moneyball evolution.  Weve become much like the NFL where out of 60 minutes less than 10 is actually play, the rest is huddles and such by turning the game into walks, OBP, devaluing hitting, and taking pitches.. and all that before the near death of the running game.
I like what weve been doing this ST, i like the Maddon approach so far, lets see if hes allowed to keep it going during the season. 

THIS ^ plus I must add the delayed double steal. 

just to be a jackass I'll add the infield fly rule - LOL! 

I love knowing that every time I go to a game, I might see something I've never seen before.  The unpredictability of it all makes it fun for me.

Also:

• Walk off homeruns and the celebration by the team in the moment
  • Robbing guys of homeruns
  • Big strikeouts to end an inning
  • Gamesmanship between opposing players
  • Players showing emotion
  • The moment when the closer jogs in from the bullpen with everything on the line and all the theatrics that go with it
  • Bat flips
  • Seeing players make their MLB debut
  • Being in the stadium when they Angels clinch the division or a playoff spot
  • MIlestones (Like seeing Albert hit his 600th homerun)
  • No hitters (I've only seen one in person - Weaver's)
  • Players getting gunned down at home on a big throw from the outfield (without a relay throw)
  • Diving catches in the outfield
  • Basically any great defensive play (I'm going to miss Simmons)
  • Mike Trout
  • The 162 game grind
  • Watching a kid's reaction when he gets an autograph
  • Long winning streaks
  • The uniqueness of each ballpark
  • Going to a different ballpark for the first time

I could go on and on...

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Something on the tv for background while I clean my place.

And though this sucked for us, it was bad ass:

Yeah, that was rad. Sucks that it was against us, but things like that are always cool, no matter who does it.

Like Doc said, I love triples. I like speedy guys more than sluggers I think.

Like strad said, watching a guy like simmons. Defense is super underrated.

Love stolen bases. Equally love a great throw from the catcher to nail someone stealing.

As far as power, I love the sound of a big home run. That "knock" sound.

Sitting in seats near the plate, and still hearing the pop of the ball in the catchers mitt in the pen as someone warms up.

Power pitchers. We never have any. But even being on the losing side, I always loved watching a guy like randy johnson not only own everyone, but just sling it past everyone, with ease.

And like taylor mentioned about the fan experience. Its true.... baseball, with its slow as hell speed, is the best setting for just relaxing and shooting the shit.

Along those lines, I love looking around the crowd, and seeing old people. Baseball is about the only sport where you see old ass couples, and still see old men keeping score. Its got its charm.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

18 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Along those lines, I love looking around the crowd, and seeing old people. Baseball is about the only sport where you see old ass couples, and still see old men keeping score. Its got its charm.

Agree.

One thing I really find enjoyable is talking to old-timers at visiting ballparks.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Agree.

One thing I really find enjoyable is talking to old-timers at visiting ballparks.

Especially the true fan types. Not the people there just to go. But the old guy, who still wears a beat up hat with some pin stuck to it from an old pennant, who saw "X" play, this game, that year, etc.

45 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Especially the true fan types. Not the people there just to go. But the old guy, who still wears a beat up hat with some pin stuck to it from an old pennant, who saw "X" play, this game, that year, etc.

Yep, that's exactly who I was referring to. One of the best was an usher at Wrigley who told me how he always rooted for the Angels because he took a trip out here and watched us play back in the 80s.