• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Brewers (03/08/2021)

43 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Good for Rodriguez to experience that. He needs to work out of trouble to learn. Also, he is absolutely not starting in the majors. Not even in the bullpen. He has pitched 9 innings (that was in A+) in 3 years. Come on now. Give the kid a chance to grow. 

Hopefully now the people wanting him in the pen after two hitters will pipe down.

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Aren't you a ray of sunshine? I don't think anyone's opinion on Chris Rodriguez has changed. He's still incredibly exciting to watch develop.

I'm excited to watch him develop as well. I'm just laughing at the nature of ST and how unbelievably quick AW faithful rush to judgement (good or bad) on a player during this time.  Upton is the perfect example of how one minute the AW faithful think he's done and then... after a couple AB's - he's back in their good graces.  CR goes from "must have" in the BP to... "he's human."

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

CR goes from "must have" in the BP to... "he's human."

I mean, what was that like one or two people claiming that? Dude is 22 years old with 77 pro innings under his belt and 9 innings in the last 4 years.

For all we've heard about him over the last few years, it was pretty damn cool to see his short yet impressive display the other day. Brought a lot of validity to what has been claimed about him and fans naturally crank up the optimism. 

The "LOL There goes the AW Faithful being dumb again!" schtick is just getting old. And i'm certain i'm not alone in thinking that.

10 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The "LOL There goes the AW Faithful being dumb again!" schtick is just getting old. And i'm certain i'm not alone in thinking that.

Didn't call anyone "dumb" but if you think that, that's on you.

I'm not here to blow smoke up your ass. I have an opinion and make observations like everyone else. If you have a problem with what I post, you are probably smart enough to figure out what you can do about it.

5 hours ago, John Taylor said:

This is actually the first Angels game I'm watching this year. Please tell me Jose Mota won't be the full time PBP person this season.

Yeah, just keep him in the role he'd been in. The Angels need to have a top tier TV play by play guy. Hopefully Arte doesn't go cheap.

The TV PBP guy is essentially a face of your team. You can't afford to cheap out in that area.

4 hours ago, True Grich said:

I'm excited to watch him develop as well. I'm just laughing at the nature of ST and how unbelievably quick AW faithful rush to judgement (good or bad) on a player during this time.  Upton is the perfect example of how one minute the AW faithful think he's done and then... after a couple AB's - he's back in their good graces.  CR goes from "must have" in the BP to... "he's human."

Especially when Upton hammered the ball in September 2020

CRod will be fine.    Just needs to get innings under his belt towards being MLB ready.

Things are fine, aside from lack of bullpen depth.

I'm just going to say this about my comments and then leave it alone.

I hope C-Rod is the second coming of Frickin' Pedro Martinez, but he still has a lot of prove.  Yes, he has terrific stuff - but we all know that isn't enough. He has to be able to demonstrate he can locate and command his pitches and adjust once the hitters adjust to him.  He's a work in progress.  The thing I find funny is how quickly people want to anoint him the next big thing.

I get it. It's what fans do.  I just find it funny.

When Justin Anderson made his MLB debut, some here went nuts and started thinking he was going to be the Angels closer. He turned out to be something less than what many originally thought he was going to be.  I mentioned this before - Blake Parker closed out the 2017 Cactus League with 17 consecutive K's.  Again, some here went nuts and he too turned out to be something less than what people thought he would be.

Not saying that will happen to Rodriguez.  I certainly hope he's everything he's hyped up to be and more, but we still don't know.

Regarding the other part of my LOL comment... I don't understand why some guys like Justin Upton or even Jo Adell don't get the benefit of the doubt.  It seems to me that some here have hated Upton from the moment he was acquired.  He's been a highly productive player throughout his career - but quite a few have been ready to kick him to the curb from day 1.  Jo Adell also can't buy a break with some fans.  The Brandon Wood comparisons are stupid, IMO. 

We still don't know what he will be either - but I don't think it's fair to label him a bust so soon.  It's really funny to see the 180 some have done in a year.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me chuckle.  That doesn't mean I think people are "dumb."  It just means I find it funny that  fans react the way they do to some players both good and bad.  Calling people "dumb" is not my "schtick."  My schtick is posting stupid gifs and making "dad jokes"  Every now and then I might have a serious thought, but most of the time - I just find stuff on here entertaining for one reason or another.

Edited by True Grich

On 3/9/2021 at 1:30 AM, True Grich said:

Regarding the other part of my LOL comment... I don't understand why some guys like Justin Upton or even Jo Adell don't get the benefit of the doubt.  It seems to me that some here have hated Upton from the moment he was acquired.  He's been a highly productive player throughout his career - but quite a few have been ready to kick him to the curb from day 1.  Jo Adell also can't buy a break with some fans.  The Brandon Wood comparisons are stupid, IMO. 

I wish it was just Adell, but since Wood and Trout, it's always the same.   If a guy isn't Trout at hello then he's shit.

Angel fans have become really black and white when it comes to prospects and if called on it it's always the same excuse "I'm just tired of being burned by hyped up prospects".  Well, then stop paying attention to the sources that talk up hype and take a deeper look at what players are actually doing.  It's not like it's 1990, where the only measures readily are the standard triple slash stats and the only place to see minor league info is in the Sporting News and Baseball America.   These days you can see advanced metrics for every minor league level, you can see league vs age data, you can find park indexes.  TBH, that shit was all available when Wood was a prospect too...     

Suarez is another guy that has been completely written off by people and to be fair, based on results, I get it -- but the dude shouldn't have been anywhere near a MLB field when he was called up and in truth shouldn't have been last year either.   Suarez threw all of 9 innings in High A, 29 innings in AA..   He's thrown all of 150 total minor league innings above low It's nuts.  Consider the M's and how they handled Justus Sheffield.  He had debuted in 2018 with the Yankees -- started 2019 with the Ms at Tacoma where he was getting his head beat in.  They demoted him to AA and kept him there the rest of the year as a 23 year old so he could pitch in a premium pitchers park and work on his shit before ultimately bringing him up in Sept.

The Trout window was over when he got expensive.   He's already signed long term -- stunting guys to try to play for some imaginary window is just stupid.

12 hours ago, True Grich said:

I'm just going to say this about my comments and then leave it alone.

I hope C-Rod is the second coming of Frickin' Pedro Martinez, but he still has a lot of prove.  Yes, he has terrific stuff - but we all know that isn't enough. He has to be able to demonstrate he can locate and command his pitches and adjust once the hitters adjust to him.  He's a work in progress.  The thing I find funny is how quickly people want to anoint him the next big thing.

I get it. It's what fans do.  I just find it funny.

When Justin Anderson made his MLB debut, some here went nuts and started thinking he was going to be the Angels closer. He turned out to be something less than what many originally thought he was going to be.  I mentioned this before - Blake Parker closed out the 2017 Cactus League with 17 consecutive K's.  Again, some here went nuts and he too turned out to be something less than what people thought he would be.

Not saying that will happen to Rodriguez.  I certainly hope he's everything he's hyped up to be and more, but we still don't know.

We still don't know what he will be either - but I don't think it's fair to label him a bust so soon.  It's really funny to see the 180 some have done in a year.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me chuckle.  That doesn't mean I think people are "dumb."  It just means I find it funny that  fans react the way they do to some players both good and bad.  Calling people "dumb" is not my "schtick."  My schtick is posting stupid gifs and making "dad jokes"  Every now and then I might have a serious thought, but most of the time - I just find stuff on here entertaining for one reason or another.

I'm gonna be a hypocrite here but if you had just posted this first part and focused on your opinion of the player instead of your opinions on the way other people post then it's a non issue.  Yet you tend to focus on scolding aw members for reacting a certain way instead of what they're reacting to and your opinion on that.  Just my two bits.  Take it for what it's worth or don't.  

18 hours ago, True Grich said:

People need to be patient