• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021 MLB Draft Prospects Thread

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Angels are picking at #9, here's Baseball America's 6-9 ranked amateurs as of right now. 

Thanks @Chuckster70 but I'd just like to say Pitching! Pitching, pitching, pitching. Could you do the 9 best ranked pitchers? (Then we should at least get one of them even they all choose pitchers). Would be nice to have a selection of young pitchers in the farm to get excited about. Cheers pal.

Ty Madden

TexasRHP
Notes:

BA pick: With Hoglund off the board to the Rockies, I was deciding between Madden, Louisiana State righthander Jaden Hill and the top prep prospects on the board, shortstops Brady House and Kahlil Watson and outfielder James Wood. After allowing three earned runs in four innings to Mississippi State in his opening start of the season, Madden has been rock solid, allowing just five earned runs over 35.1 innings against Brigham Young, Houston, South Carolina, Baylor and Oklahoma.

Jaden Hill done for the season and likely his college career with TJS....   He's in a tough spot because if he rehabs and goes back to school he will be a senior with zero leverage...  Dude has first round talent, but he's only thrown 50 innings in the entirety of his college career (28 this year) -- So, he likely can be had for a lot less than whatever he will be drafted at because of his situation.  

It's going to be interesting to see which team drafts him and when -- I'm guessing it will be someone with an extra pick and that they will sign him for way below slot.

• 1 month later...

With Hill and Hoglund needing Tjs, this thin's the arms with front of the rotation upside in the top 10.

at 9 its sounds like Madden may be still available. another name that has risen and could be the steal of the draft has been Jobe. I've heard reports that Jobe could be the best pitcher in the draft. even better than Rocker and Leiter. I've heard Jobe's could be 1.1, people are comparing him to Hunter Greene, who's in AA and think that he could reach the Majors quick. 

At the moment, with the lack of high upside pitching in our system, I am leaning towards Maddon as more of a safety pick. He's still has a good upside and may be a safer pick than Jobe and Jobe might also be picked way before the 9th pick. 

3 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

I think we'd be better off taking Hoglund before Jobe, our staff could finish his TJS rehab, he was a top 10 talent pre injury.  Get him below slot, we could then have more $$$ to spend on projectable talents in the later rounds, similar to what was done with Nick Adenhart back in the day. 

Adenhart was selected in the 14th round after undergoing TJS.

UCLASS
Notes:

We’ve heard the Angels like both Bubba Chandler and Jackson Jobe, so there’s a real possibility they go the high school route here. Sources also seem to think that there’s a solid chance McLain goes among the top 10 picks given his performance prior to sustaining a thumb injury. The college shortstops fall off extremely quickly once McLain is off the board.

2 hours ago, sportstr44 said:
UCLASS
Notes:

We’ve heard the Angels like both Bubba Chandler and Jackson Jobe, so there’s a real possibility they go the high school route here. Sources also seem to think that there’s a solid chance McLain goes among the top 10 picks given his performance prior to sustaining a thumb injury. The college shortstops fall off extremely quickly once McLain is off the board.

I guess a bunch of SSs always get drafted, and I suppose a college one could in theory fill a need sooner rather than later (though we do have some SS options in the minors)--but I will again say that I really don't understand what the Angels are doing if they draft a HS P, HS C, or SS with their first pick, given the state of the system and the very clear immediate needs of the franchise.

Edited by jsnpritchett

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I guess a bunch of SSs always get drafted, and I suppose a college one could in theory fill a need sooner rather than later (though we do have some SS options in the minors)--but I will again say that I really don't understand what the Angels are doing if they draft a HS P, HS C, or SS with their first pick, given the state of the system and the very clear immediate needs of the franchise.

I completely agree. 

To me it's college C or college SP or bust.