• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will the Angels sign anyone to an extension this Spring?

BTH

Will the Angels sign anyone to an extension this Spring?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Angels sign anyone to an extension this Spring?

• No
    • Dylan Bundy
    • Andrew Heaney
    • Raisel Iglesias
    • David Fletcher
    • Jose Iglesias
    • Other (Respond w/ who)

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Not this spring maybe in summer, see how season plays out. Albert wants to retire with Yadi. Minasian needs to trade for Molina to get Albert to sign

What the hell are you talking about?  You’re nuts.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah he's a troll, but he's harmless so we throw him some food once in a while.

I know TDawg.  I don’t often respond to his posts, but sometimes they are so absurd, I can’t help it.

PS- Happy Belated Birthday

While I'd like to think so, I think the practical answer is no, we won't.  With the CBA negotiations due this offseason, there is way too much unknown about how the salary structure of baseball will be.  Will there be a salary cap?  If not, will the luxury tax still be in place, but with a much higher ceiling?  Or even a lower ceiling, as owners cry poor due to the pandemic?  Will players still require 6 full years before becoming free agents, or will that change?  Will players start arbitration sooner?  Etc, etc..

Given that so much is unknown, I can't envision the FO committing to any significant contract at this present time.

I honestly believe Joe and the other coaches are creating a climate where players will want to play.  It might be total BS but the Angels look like they have a different focus than in previous spring trainings.

12 hours ago, eligrba said:

I honestly believe Joe and the other coaches are creating a climate where players will want to play.  It might be total BS but the Angels look like they have a different focus than in previous spring trainings.

Reportedly, Joe is very much a players' manager and his players seem to love playing for him.  I imagine that's in part why we saw so many of his former players come back to play for us this year.  Obviously, creating a positive, upbeat clubhouse culture is very important.