• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Major League Baseball (News, Notes & Scores around the League)

Chuck

7 hours ago, totdprods said:

On a brighter note…looking at the Brewers today and this is just awesome…

• Woodruff: 2.23 ERA, 22 GS
  • Burnes: 2.23 ERA, 20 GS
  • Peralta: 2.26 ERA, 21 GS

What a badass top of a rotation that is. All have a WHIP lower than 0.93 too and a K/9 no lower than 10.5.

Gonna be a tough team in the playoffs with those three and their bullpen.

We can only dream of having something like that on the Angels 

Hopefully with Perry focusing on young pitching it will come true

11 hours ago, totdprods said:

On a brighter note…looking at the Brewers today and this is just awesome…

• Woodruff: 2.23 ERA, 22 GS
  • Burnes: 2.23 ERA, 20 GS
  • Peralta: 2.26 ERA, 21 GS

What a badass top of a rotation that is. All have a WHIP lower than 0.93 too and a K/9 no lower than 10.5.

Gonna be a tough team in the playoffs with those three and their bullpen.

Where the hell did it come from?  We’re they all highly rated prospects?  

2 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Peralta was involved in a trade for Adam Lind…. From the Mariners. Not good, Jerry

Peralta for Lind, Ryan Yarbrough for Drew Smyly, Nick Nerdert for Dee Gordon.  Those three plus Ketel Marte, Tajuan Walker, Chris Taylor, Edwin Diaz and Tyler O"Neill were all casualties of Jerry Dipoto's WIN NOW mode ..  then he got his extension and went on operation re-imagine the roster.

For all the yapping about how great a job he did of rebuilding them, people forget how he gutted them first.  You have to wonder if they would be any worse off if they just kept their guys and let the draft guys do what they have done.  They have a ton of money and prospects still, so it will be interesting to see what they do the next few years.

49 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Dipto also traded away there closer, and since have fallen 6.5 GB

I dont think that was a talent drain like the other moves, but he seems to have lost the clubhouse, again. 

It may have blown over had he not told everyone they were wrong, that the team was better, and that they would see it once he was done.   The deadline passed and he wasn't able to do whatever he was working on beyond getting Tyler Anderson... the wait til I'm done stuff has come back to haunt him.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/jul/28/mariners-players-feel-betrayed-after-team-trades-k/

I honestly think the players overreacted but this line sticks out..   

“He hasn’t come down here,” a player said of Dipoto. “He sits up in his suite, playing fantasy baseball and rips apart our team without telling us anything.”

That's not how players talk about a GM they like/respect.

From a roster standpoint I don’t think it’s that bad. Toro is 24 and has a 198 OPS+ with them so far, and the nerds always liked him.

Graveman is a reliever and we know how volatile they are (in fairness to him, he could be legitimately good in that role because he’s been a starter his whole career).

2 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

From a roster standpoint I don’t think it’s that bad. Toro is 24 and has a 198 OPS+ with them so far, and the nerds always liked him.

Graveman is a reliever and we know how volatile they are (in fairness to him, he could be legitimately good in that role because he’s been a starter his whole career).

Yeah, I agree deal was fine, I think the players definitely overreacted.  But for whatever reasons there might be a disconnect between the clubhouse and Dipoto's suite.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What are the Halos waiting for, regarding R. Iglesias????

Good and consistent closers don’t grow on trees.

Probably the end of the year.

But remember, it's the Angels. They'll let him walk without a QO and look absolutely stupid because they didn't trade him at the deadline.

21 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yeah, I agree deal was fine, I think the players definitely overreacted.  But for whatever reasons there might be a disconnect between the clubhouse and Dipoto's suite.

It goes to show there’s a lot more to building a winning ball club than making the right moves. 

It might be just one ingredient in the stew, but ignoring clubhouse chemistry is like not adding flour to a cake. Dipoto (tried to autocorrect to dipstick lol) doesn’t seem to get that and if he keeps shuffling his players like they’re just names he’ll never have a healthy, functioning ballclub.

It doesn’t need to dictate the moves, but he needed to do something to energize that team after a move like that and he didn’t. They were succeeding because of their bullpen and in the span of a few days, they lost Graveman, Montero (though he sucked), Chargois, and Santiago (to suspension) and added back Castillo and a bad Joe Smith. He took their strength and obliterated it on top of the clubhouse cut.

Don’t look now, but the Reds are only one game back of the Padres for the second NL WC spot.

Good year for them, saw a cancer from 2020 purged (Biff Bauer) and also see contention.

Probably wishing they never traded Iglesias, their pen is even worse than the Halos’ pen.

Edited by Angel Oracle