• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Major League Baseball (News, Notes & Scores around the League)

Chuck

Just now, Lou said:

That's odd. I know a lot of younger who use it. Why sit and type out every letter when you can merely say it? 

I’m just laughing imagining you dictating all your AW posts. You should make an audiobook…I’d buy it.

39 minutes ago, failos said:

I’m just laughing imagining you dictating all your AW posts. You should make an audiobook…I’d buy it.

Why would you want to listen to "I'm a maybe",  "I agee" and " Roll Tide" in a constant loop?

59 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

My father--a Red Sox fan--asked me who was a better hitter, Mike Trout or Rafael Devers. I tried not to laugh and then told him that Devers wasn't even the best hitter on the Red Sox, but softened it by saying Devers is really good. I thought about trying to explain wRC+ to him, but didn't bother.

Trout's worst full season (2014) as a hitter still makes him a better hitter than Devers (2019) in his best full season as a hitter. In 2014, Trout has a .287/.377/.561 slash line. Devers, on the other hand, had a .311/.361/.555 slash line. The slash lines look very alike. But the OPS+ is not even in close. Devers had a 133 OPS+ in 2019, Trout posted a 168 OPS+ in 2014. 2014 was another "Year of the Pitcher" season like in 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2018. 2019 was one of those steroids era hitter seasons (1993-2009) where inflated offenses made so many guys look like Trout at the plate. If the baseballs were juiced in 2014 like it was in 2019, Trout's 2014 slash line would have been inflated by a lot. A bunch of deep flyball outs from 2014 from Trout would have been home runs if the baseballs were juiced. 

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

Trout's worst full season (2014) as a hitter still makes him a better hitter than Devers (2019) in his best full season as a hitter. In 2014, Trout has a .287/.377/.561 slash line. Devers, on the other hand, had a .311/.361/.555 slash line. The slash lines look very alike. But the OPS+ is not even in close. Devers had a 133 OPS+ in 2019, Trout posted a 168 OPS+ in 2014. 2014 was another "Year of the Pitcher" season like in 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2018. 2019 was one of those steroids era hitter seasons (1993-2009) where inflated offenses made so many guys look like Trout at the plate. If the baseballs were juiced in 2014 like it was in 2019, Trout's 2014 slash line would have been inflated by a lot. A bunch of deep flyball outs from 2014 from Trout would have been home runs if the baseballs were juiced. 

You Dont Say The Office GIF

3 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

My father is still stuck in the era of BA and HR, and just barely has adapted to SLG and OBP - and only when I remind him. He often says, "he's not a very good hitter" when a guy has a mediocre BA, despite what his OBP and SLG are.

Saw Souza of the dodgers while pinch hitting strike out looking with the bases loaded.  He was screaming and yelling at the IMO about the call.  It hit the upper corner of the box.  

you think these guys feel like idiots later when they see these replays that they are bitching about calls that are right or do you think that is the one time they say the computer box is wrong?

5 minutes ago, thebloob said:

Saw Souza of the dodgers while pinch hitting strike out looking with the bases loaded.  He was screaming and yelling at the IMO about the call.  It hit the upper corner of the box.  

you think these guys feel like idiots later when they see these replays that they are bitching about calls that are right or do you think that is the one time they say the computer box is wrong?

I think they realize the box we see on tv is only accurate corner to corner not up and down.  These strike zone boxes we see are created by the networks and not by MLB or an umpire union. 

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think they realize the box we see on tv is only accurate corner to corner not up and down.  These strike zone boxes we see are created by the networks and not by MLB or an umpire union. 

These are the boxes they with be using soon with robo ump

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Yes they will

They won’t use the Fox k zone, or the Bally’s k zone, they won’t use ESPN’s version, they won’t use NBC Sports version or the TBS version.  They will use the MLB version that they use to evaluate the umpires.  We don’t see that one on our tv.  Sorry.