• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Major League Baseball (News, Notes & Scores around the League)

Chuck

Nice debut for the phenom: Wander Franco with a three-run HR and a walk. What a beast, and only 20 years old.

A bit more...as I've said, I really think Franco belongs in the same class as Tatis, Vlad, Soto, and Acuna, who I think will be the five best position players of the post-Trout era. If I had to guess who would accumulate the most WAR over this decade (2020-29), it would be these five. Anyhow, I think Wander has the best pure hit tool - he's going to hit .330+ regularly and win some batting titles. I see him as more of a 25 HR guy, but he's going to hit 40+ doubles and maybe get to 10+ triples. 

Edited by Angelsjunky

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Nice debut for the phenom: Wander Franco with a three-run HR and a walk. What a beast, and only 20 years old.

A bit more...as I've said, I really think Franco belongs in the same class as Tatis, Vlad, Soto, and Acuna, who I think will be the five best position players of the post-Trout era. If I had to guess who would accumulate the most WAR over this decade (2020-29), it would be these five. Anyhow, I think Wander has the best pure hit tool - he's going to hit .330+ regularly and win some batting titles. I see him as more of a 25 HR guy, but he's going to hit 40+ doubles and maybe get to 10+ triples. 

He's doomed now.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31721358/should-gerrit-cole-bad-month-worry-new-york-yankees

That pitch was a 96 mph four-seam fastball with a spin rate of 2,414 revolutions per minute, and it was deposited into the first row of seats above the Green Monster in left field at Fenway Park. It was hit by Boston Red Sox infielder Enrique Hernandez. It was caught by a fan wearing a Yankees T-shirt and cap, who seemed way too happy about catching a home run ball coughed up by his team's best pitcher.

That fan perhaps did not know that Cole had never given up a first-pitch homer. He could not know that later that inning, Cole would be touched up for a three-run shot off the bat of Rafael Devers -- on an 0-2 count -- and that Cole had never before allowed two first-inning homers. He could not know that Cole would later give up a third dinger (to J.D. Martinez) and would leave after five innings having allowed six runs (five earned). He could not know that Cole's 4.65 June ERA is his worst during a month since he was with the Pittsburgh Pirates back in 2017.

all stars season 4 ross matthews GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race