• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Major League Baseball (News, Notes & Scores around the League)

Chuck

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Point taken, it has been a long time though since the Halos pen was effective enough as a unit.

Great seasons here and there from Robles, Mayers, and Petit, but otherwise, meh for the previous five seasons.

That has to change for them to be real contenders.

Other than the second half the season in 2014 the issues with the pen go back much farther than that...    It really does go back to the lack of pitching in the minors.

I still don't really know what to make of the pen other than I'm not a fan of how Maddon has used it for the most part but he may be looking at the data and trying to make sense of things himself.    They have been the third worst in MLB at stranding runners, but that's an improvement from where they were a week ago when they were dead last.    The GB rate ranks 3rd best in MLB, the HR/9 Rate is near the upper third of MLB, the BaBip fourth worst.  FIP. xFIP both in the top 10.

At some point we will need to stop questioning of the BABIP issues are purely luck or a result of poor defense or bad defensive alignments. 

33 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Skanks pen has been ridiculous.

2.70 ERA

I wish I knew what that was like.

I still don't understand the Angels passing on getting Brad Hand at $10M for one year off of waivers for free (heck -- the rest of the league).  If any team needed to get pick that guy at that point in time (let alone now), it was the Angels.  Especially as bad/thin as their BP looked in the off-season and them knowing we were not getting Bauer.

2 minutes ago, Fourts said:

I still don't understand the Angels passing on getting Brad Hand at $10M for one year off of waivers for free (heck -- the rest of the league).  If any team needed to get pick that guy at that point in time (let alone now), it was the Angels.  Especially as bad/thin as their BP looked in the off-season and them knowing we were not getting Bauer.

It’s REALLY puzzling, because Hand has been the model of consistency and is still not that old.

3 minutes ago, Fourts said:

It's pretty obvious now that Arte told Perry that he wasn't going to cut payroll like a lot of teams, but he didn't want to go hog either. So with a line in the sand, Perry opted to fill out as many needs as possible instead of sinking big bucks on a couple names.

Hand would've been nice, but the same logic for him would've applied to Paxton, Kluber or Odorizzi, and those would've fucked us. 

I think Perry did about as good as he could have given his limitations in money and numerous needs. Wish he could've pulled a trade for impact, but we have a couple months for that still.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Thing is though, Iglesias’ salary isn’t much less than Hand’s.

Hand handles any situation, whereas Iglesias can’t pitch in non-save spots.

You're really going to push this narrative?  You're better than this.