• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Major League Baseball (News, Notes & Scores around the League)

Chuck

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s a pretty great time for young star players:

Acuna/Soto

Tatis

Vlad Jr

Bichette

Eloy

Robert

I believe they are all under the age of 24.  I flip flop all the time on Soto or Acuna, but I think it will come down to Soto being a better hitter and Acuna having more overall skills. 

Soto is just an unbelievable hitter.  As good as Trout is, Soto might hit .350 for years.  He's kinda the anti-Trout showing us the way to be as valuable without speed or defense.  

btw, how great is that contract for Atlanta for Acuna.  Having him locked up till age 30.  Wow.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Soto is just an unbelievable hitter.  As good as Trout is, Soto might hit .350 for years.  He's kinda the anti-Trout showing us the way to be as valuable without speed or defense.  

btw, how great is that contract for Atlanta for Acuna.  Having him locked up till age 30.  Wow.  

That Acuna contract is one where even Atlanta will make it right buy tearing it up and giving him something more reasonable to lock him up for his entire career. 

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Being lefty is such a plus for him too. 

11 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

You're safe, I don't think they will get to play 30% of their schedule as 7 inning games .vs Baltimore for the rest of the year.

Key took another shot at the Angels and actually talked the standings after the game... Lol.  He has turned into such a clown.

Key is a clown, and karma is biting him personally.

13 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'd probably take Soto.

I'd give a slight edge to Acuna due to him being a more well-rounded player -- Soto is arguably the best hitter in the game right now, but his defense is suspect, if not quite Manny-esque.

But you can't go wrong with Acuna, Soto, or Tatis - those would be my top three picks, with honorable mentions going to Vlad Jr and maybe Wander Franco, if his scouting report translates to the majors.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

That Acuna contract is one where even Atlanta will make it right buy tearing it up and giving him something more reasonable to lock him up for his entire career. 

If they don't extend him and instead choose to tear it down and rebuild in five or six years time, (do Atlanta do that?), then just imagine the trade value of that contract when a 28 year old Acuna is available for 3 years at $51m or 2/$34m the year after. If he continues to be anything like the player he's been so far he could net a farm changing haul. A fun guy to watch whatever happens, but such a team friendly contract it almost makes you feel sorry for a guy making at least a 100 million dollars.  

9 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Talk about reversals of fortune....  The As winners of 6 in a row, Astros losers of 6 in a row.   Ms go from playing four 7 inning games .vs the Orioles to facing an Astros team missing 5 regulars....  If nothing else the Ms have great timing so far in 2021.

The Angels' must have one of the highest SOS so far this year. They haven't played a bad team yet.

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

which may actually be from small sample in that the Angels are beating them.  So it makes them seem like they're not as good.  

Yes. 

How many of our opponents have a record over .500?  One?