• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I Love the Angels More than Baseball Itself

failos

I don’t think many here will relate since you all love the game so much, but I can’t seem to find any interest in watching any team other than the Angels. I was only ever interested in playing baseball growing up because of the Angels, and was introduced to them during the 1996 season for a field trip as a 1st grader.

I rarely watch the postseason because I just don’t care about any other team, and truth be told I’ve only ever went to baseball games at Angel Stadium, and I don’t want that to change. I love this team so much it hurts.

29 minutes ago, failos said:

I don’t think many here will relate since you all love the game so much, but I can’t seem to find any interest in watching any team other than the Angels. I was only ever interested in playing baseball growing up because of the Angels, and was introduced to them during the 1996 season for a field trip as a 1st grader.

I rarely watch the postseason because I just don’t care about any other team, and truth be told I’ve only ever went to baseball games at Angel Stadium, and I don’t want that to change. I love this team so much it hurts.

Indian Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, failos said:

I started Little league in 61, at age 9.  To this day, i could care less about following any other team, especially the Dodgers. And i grew up in Temple City, completely surrounded by Dog fans.

2 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I started Little league in 61, at age 9.  To this day, i could care less about following any other team, especially the Dodgers. And i grew up in Temple City, completely surrounded by Dog fans.

You had great parents.

I'll tune into another game every now and then just to see a player I'm interested in.  I've even made special trips to see players.  The late, Jose Fernandez was one I went to see specifically.

I watch the post-season, but don't schedule my life around it. 

Last year, I barely watched any baseball and I didn't want an entire game all year. 

I'll go to any game to see any team play at an away stadium because I just like visiting other ball parks. 

In general, I prefer to be at the ball park.  Watching games on TV is okay, but not my preference.

I love Baseball first, but the Angels are my team so I naturally follow them the most and with a ton of interest and passion. 

I'll have other games on throughout the day while I'm working or if I'm chilling on the weekend, but I'm not paying attention like I do when the Angels game is on. 

I think playing baseball and being in a dynasty fantasy baseball league for 25 years has really gotten me interested in other teams, but mostly the players/prospects that are on my team. 

2 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'll tune into another game every now and then just to see a player I'm interested in.  I've even made special trips to see players.  The late, Jose Fernandez was one I went to see specifically.

I watch the post-season, but don't schedule my life around it. 

Last year, I barely watched any baseball and I didn't want an entire game all year. 

I'll go to any game to see any team play at an away stadium because I just like visiting other ball parks. 

In general, I prefer to be at the ball park.  Watching games on TV is okay, but not my preference.

I pretty much agree with this except that I prefer watching the Angel games on TV and only go to the game if my kids have interest.  

I'll watch baseball but don't have any sort of emotional investment in any other team so even thought I might have a non-Angel game on in the background once on awhile, I don't really care.  

My interest goes up a bit for the playoffs but not significantly.  If I happen to be watching a good game, I'll get into it but I don't care whether I miss it.  

I used to watch every inning of the Angels.  Even if in passing it would be on somewhere in the house.  Lately, I take breaks for my own sanity.  Or I'll turn a game off but I never used to do that.  

I don't have the same emotional attachment even though I enjoy pretty much all sports.  My next favorites are the NFL (Vikings) and I love the world cup.  I really enjoy NFL redzone but mostly because of FF.  

I don’t really watch too many regular season games without the angels. Now that we have the Dodgers station I might dial in a few of their games - maybe.

I watch as many playoff games as I can, and I always watch the World Series. It’s tougher to watch when the halos aren’t in it, though.

Several times, I’ve wondered what team I would adopt if the Angels folded. (And I definitely would find another team.) The obvious answer would be the Rockies because I’ve been living in the Rocky Mountains for the last two years. (I also lived here for one year in 2000.) And I love Coors Field. 

But I suspect it would be the Padres. 

I generally only go to Angels games unless someone has tickets for another game. I do attend several 66ers and Quakes games. Especially on thirsty thursdays when the beer is not as pricey.

Also if I'm out of town I try to catch a game, more for the ballpark tho.

I have seen the Angels play in the road at Fenway and all the parks in California. Game 5 of the 2002 was a rout. Something like 16-4, so standing room behind the RF bleachers got soaked by those damn water cannons all night.

As far as TV I try to follow here and there but baseball has always been on my car radio. Unfortunately Terry Smith puts me to sleep and Jose Mota used to make me wish I still smoked weed so I could follow whatever he would talk about.

15 hours ago, Justin said:

Several times, I’ve wondered what team I would adopt if the Angels folded. (And I definitely would find another team.) The obvious answer would be the Rockies because I’ve been living in the Rocky Mountains for the last two years. (I also lived here for one year in 2000.) And I love Coors Field. 

But I suspect it would be the Padres. 

Folded? What do you mean? You mean if they enter a rebuilding phase?

7 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Folded? What do you mean? You mean if they enter a rebuilding phase?

I mean if the franchise ceased to exist. 

I knew a man (the great-uncle of a former girlfriend) who grew up in Brooklyn in the 40s and 50s and when the Dodgers moved to LA, he mostly stopped following baseball. In the last couple of decades of his life (he died in 2012), he would go to Mets games every once in a while, but only when they played the Yankees so he could boo the latter. He said he never considered becoming a fan of a new team. To him, the (Brooklyn) Dodgers were much more important than baseball itself. 

I love the Angels but if they disappeared or moved to the east coast, I would find a new team. 

(I think.)

I honestly don't think that this is a unique scenario in the slightest, even on this board, and most certainly amongst the general baseball fandom. I'm with you on this one, @failos, for sure.

I love the sport, but I don't really care all that much to see other teams playing in most circumstances. When it comes to non-Angels baseball, the only thing truly appealing to me is individual achievement, and that's a really difficult thing to sit through an otherwise unremarkable baseball game to witness.

Football, on the other hand, is much more amenable to me watching whoever the hell is playing.