• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What was your most disappointing season as an Angels fan?

Chuck

3 hours ago, T.G. said:

Gave this some more thought...

2018 was especially demoralizing.

The Angels started out great...  Started out 13-3 and then Boston came to town and destroyed the Angels in 3 straight

Crap, I had forgotten about this, likely repressed it. The start of that season was so much fun. Finally, the Angels had gotten off to an extremely hot start (after years of sucking until mid May).

That was also Ohtani's first season, right? He looked like Pedro Martinez in his previous start, and then couldn't record an out against the Red Sox and was removed from the game, then sidelined because of blisters, which evolved into needing TJ surgery.

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

2004 was a fun season until the last week when Guillen blew up. Having him in the playoffs would’ve been really helpful, and maybe there would’ve been a different outcome.

I still want to know what happened behind the scenes. He obviously acted like a douche when he was pulled for a pinch runner but obviously something happened in the clubhouse afterwards.

You don't release a player like that right before the playoffs unless he did something really stupid. 

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

2004 comes to mind. After the huge off-season and the team actually performed up to expectations, getting swept by the Red Sox, especially ending with a walk-off by David Ortiz over the Green Monster, was devastating. Vlad even had a grand slam in Game 3, but it didn't matter.

Memorable moment indeed.  Even Berman's call.

1 hour ago, jangel7 said:

Dave Henderson was the worst moment, but I am still not over 1995 September collapse as far as a season goes.

1995 was rough.  I'm over everything, ... except possibly that MLB Network special that refers to the Mariners saving baseball in Seattle. They didn't even play that well.  The Angels just needed to play poorly to close it out. Whatever, though. That's the Mariners franchise highlight. That and their record regular season.

I got to see every playoff game in 2002 in person.  I have watched one of the best players ever since the futures game and his time in Rancho Cucamonga. I've seen him hit multiple home runs in a game in four different stadiums.

I pretty much just enjoy baseball now.  I enjoy it more when the AngelsWin, but if not... meh

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Crap, I had forgotten about this, likely repressed it. The start of that season was so much fun. Finally, the Angels had gotten off to an extremely hot start (after years of sucking until mid May).

That was also Ohtani's first season, right? He looked like Pedro Martinez in his previous start, and then couldn't record an out against the Red Sox and was removed from the game, then sidelined because of blisters, which evolved into needing TJ surgery.

If not mistaken,  but injuries to our other starters hut us hard and our bullpen sucked as usual.

19 hours ago, Tank said:

2004 was a fun season until the last week when Guillen blew up. Having him in the playoffs would’ve been really helpful, and maybe there would’ve been a different outcome.

I dont think it would have mattered much. Boston was destined that year. Ignoring that crazy offense they had, pedro/schilling was one of the most brutal 1-2 punches any team has had in years.