• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Network: Mike Trout rated best player in MLB - Anthony Rendon 8th

Chuck

3 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Genuinely a bit surprised to see Rendon so high. Not saying it's necessarily undeserved, just surprised to see him not being underrated for once.

He was 6 last year.... so not sure where you’re getting “not being underrated for once”.

Freddie Freeman #4? Please. Freeman is really good but there are about a dozen position players who I think are better, including guys they didn't rank like Jose Ramirez, Alex Bregman, Xander Bogaerts and probably Francisco Lindor. Freeman is in a group with Story, Arenado and Chapman - not quite top 10.

Bregman is the big snub. He struggled in 2020, missing almost a third of it due to injury, but had a 7.6 and 8.5 WAR in the previous two years. Freeman's best was 6.1 in 2016.

Soto is one of the best hitters in the game and could be the very best as soon as this coming year, but his defense is atrocious and he's in danger of being the Manny Ramirez of his generation. Still, clearly he's one of the triumvirate of young punks--along with Acuna and Tatis--who could steal the mantle of best player in the game from Trout/Betts. Or maybe Wander Franco zips by all of them in a few years.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

He was ranked 6th the previous year. 

22 minutes ago, Bronson said:

He was 6 last year.... so not sure where you’re getting “not being underrated for once”.

Didn't see it last year, but it makes sense for actual analysts to rate him higher than the average fan. I just constantly saw people ignore Rendon in the past when he was quietly one of the best couple players in the game. Also, in lists of top 3B, he tends to get undervalued by people. I remember MLB Tonight(?) had him as the top 3B in Top 10 Right Now, I'd just gotten used to him being undervalued for years on the Nats. 

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Freddie Freeman #4? Please. Freeman is really good but there are about a dozen position players who I think are better, including guys they didn't rank like Jose Ramirez, Alex Bregman, Xander Bogaerts and probably Francisco Lindor. Freeman is in a group with Story, Arenado and Chapman - not quite top 10.

Bregman is the big snub. He struggled in 2020, missing almost a third of it due to injury, but had a 7.6 and 8.5 WAR in the previous two years. Freeman's best was 6.1 in 2016.

Soto is one of the best hitters in the game and could be the very best as soon as this coming year, but his defense is atrocious and he's in danger of being the Manny Ramirez of his generation. Still, clearly he's one of the triumvirate of young punks--along with Acuna and Tatis--who could steal the mantle of best player in the game from Trout/Betts. Or maybe Wander Franco zips by all of them in a few years.

God forbid that he end up as one of the best hitters of his generation.  Poor guy.

I really like the young talent in the game right now with Soto, Acuna, Tatis, Guerrero, Bichette. Eventually, one of them will take the title of greatest player in the game from Trout, likely two or three years from now, but Trout roll remain the greatest hitter in the game probably for another five.