• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes Thread

Chuck

Just now, Stradling said:

Does this give anyone else a sense of optimism, and not because it means he will be back to 2018 levels, but because if he went to DriveLine, you’d have to think he has a healthy elbow, which was in question after his 2nd start last year.

thought the same thing.  If they were babying that elbow, that never would have happened.  

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

@Jeff Fletcheris the Angels full Spring Training roster (with numbers) available publicly?

The Angels ST jerseys don't have nameplates on them, so players are only identifiable by numbers, and the Angels website doesn't list the numbers for the Angels non roster invitees.

I always picked up a roster sheet from one of the staff at the stadium 

17 minutes ago, Trendon said:

@Jeff Fletcheris the Angels full Spring Training roster (with numbers) available publicly?

The Angels ST jerseys don't have nameplates on them, so players are only identifiable by numbers, and the Angels website doesn't list the numbers for the Angels non roster invitees.

They sent rosters to the media. I’ll mention to them that they should update the web site with the NRI’s.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

@Inside Pitch please explain what DriveLine is, outside of the one Tdawg knows of intimately. 

Imagine Doug White with the ability to actually translate data and video into language players better understood.  All the shit Billy was trying to do with cameras and rapsodo, DriveLine has been doing for years.  They break down every movement in an pitchers action in an effort to minimize effort while maximizing their spin/velocity via said camera work and weighted ball training.

Remember when Kazmir came back from the dead?  That's essentially what they do.  The Yankees gas camp, is their in house version of DriveLine and said to be a huge reason for their recent ability to churn out arms

Angels should really hire everyone there and call it a day.  It would reap greater benefits than any one pitcher.

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Imagine Doug White with the ability to actually translate data and video into language players better understood.  All the shit Billy was trying to do with cameras and rapsodo, DriveLine has been doing for years.  They break down every movement in an pitchers action in an effort to minimize effort while maximizing their spin/velocity via said camera work and weighted ball training.

Remember when Kazmir came back from the dead?  That's essentially what they do.  The Yankees gas camp, is their in house version of DriveLine and said to be a huge reason for their recent ability to churn out arms

Angels should really hire everyone there and call it a day.  It would reap greater benefits than any one pitcher.

Ok, and hearing that Ohtani was there, does it make you feel better about his health? 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok, and hearing that Ohtani was there, does it make you feel better about his health? 

I saw that mentioned today, I was very pleased.

Remember the thread where people were asked what three things they would do if they had the power?  I said invest in analytics and player development .... DriveLine is the definition of those two things.

If they cant be hired away then the Angels should pay whatever it takes to send Canning, Barria, Sandoval, Suarez, Detmers, and Rodriguez, there.

17 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I wonder why every team hasn't gone with some version of this as of yet.  

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I wonder why every team hasn't gone with some version of this as of yet.  

Seattle, LA, NYY have.  Giants are said to be working on something and the Astros have their own thing based more on the analytics than the actual training methods.

It was something Billy had been working towards and I'm hoping Minasian builds on.  I'm gonna try and see if either Toronto or Atlanta has made any efforts in the area.  I don't think Toronto ever did, and given the large number of arms Atlanta has collected it seems like something they would have done.  It's stuff like that I think would be more likely to carry over than anything those front offices did with personnel, imo.

@Adamyou got any insight on this?  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Does this give anyone else a sense of optimism, and not because it means he will be back to 2018 levels, but because if he went to DriveLine, you’d have to think he has a healthy elbow, which was in question after his 2nd start last year.

As someone that didn't really care for the Cobb signing, I was more enthused to see he had spent time there.  Ohtani going is gravy

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

What is this based on?

Ok I’m probably overstating it. It’s just been my perception from the way he handled the blisters and partial elbow tear. As well as his connection with Doug White. I remember several comments about knowing his body and him knowing what was best, not really seeking input. My point is I’m glad he allowed somebody like the people at Driveline to help him

In addition, I think the way Eppler handled him was a combination of being protective and wanting to make Ohtani comfortable. Like keeping his same routine from Japan, not pushing him, etc. Maddon seems to have recognized how competitive he is and wants to challenge him to not hold back. 

Also I’m just an adult fan who thinks he knows what he’s talking about, so there’s that.