• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes Thread

Chuck

15 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I'd be shocked if they are allowing fans then. 

Yeah that blows. I'll be catching some games in Florida and Texas later this year, so at least I have that. 

I have no faith in our Gov. up here or California's down there doing anything that's going to stimulate the economy or follow the science. Dumbasses! 

13 minutes ago, eligrba said:

If I remember Ohtani’s last spring training, he takes it really easy and doesn’t do too much or show any interest in the outcomes. Not worried at all about Ohtani.  I plan to start worrying on the first official game he pitches.

I think we should not read anything into Ohtani's spring. I remember following his first major pitching exhibition against the Brewers scrubs, and he got shellacked. I thought he was going to be a dud. Turns out he doesn't really care about anything except getting himself where he knows he needs to be. As it should be in spring, but we're going to see similar scrutinization this spring. 

57 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Got tickets for the 4th - 7th.  Had to get a little creative to get four actual seats instead of metal benches.   Two orders.  Two seats in same section separated by a row.  They wouldn't let you get four in a lot of Field MVP in one order.  Got good ones for Diamondbacks and A's. 

Ugh, reminds me that I hate Tempe Diablo because 60% of the seats are benches.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Ugh, reminds me that I hate Tempe Diablo because 60% of the seats are benches.

Yep.  Read a tweet from someone yesterday that mentioned they love the stadium, but the concourses could be wider.  The concourses and the lack of actual seats really drag it down for me.  They could probably fix the latter rather easily.  

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah that blows. I'll be catching some games in Florida and Texas later this year, so at least I have that. 

I have no faith in our Gov. up here or California's down there doing anything that's going to stimulate the economy or follow the science. Dumbasses! 

Maybe I'm wrong. https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-02-19/dodgers-stadium-fans-coronavirus-opening-day-2021'.   Newsom might be desperate enough to change the guidelines.

Early spring training games are 7 innings.  Can be cut to 5 or extended to 9 depending on manager agreement.   Later ones (after the 13th, I think) are 9 innings, but can be shortened to 7.

I've been looking quite a bit at spring training info and never came across this info myself.   It's in the fine print when you order tickets.   MLB never really announced it.  Media never really reported it from what I can tell.  I think it's kinda weak that it wasn't more clear and there's gonna be some pissed off people.  I bet some are gonna pay quite a bit and be surprised when the game ends after five or seven.

6 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Exactly. I'm headed back east at some point this summer anyway, and attending a have in Florida or Texas sounds doable. 

22 hours ago, Dochalo said:

re-watch days of thunder instead (I know you've seen that).  

Jerry Bruckheimer produced that. He’s a big Kings fans and has season seats. The last Kings game I went to our seats were within shouting distance of his. I yelled at him that it’s time for Days of Thunder 2. He laughed, and I don’t think he took my request very seriously.

I was able to grab tickets for the Cubs game at Diablo on the 22nd and for the Royals game at Diablo on the 24th.

I actually enjoy the last week of spring training simply because they are inclined to stretch the starters out for about 5 innings, and the regulars usually get 2-3 AB's a game.

Can't wait to finally see some live baseball, it's been a long while.

On 2/18/2021 at 3:56 PM, ThisismineScios said:

I actually think a lot of the writers unnecessarily phrased it as "topped out at 90". Not to say they were trying to mislead, but there are better ways to provide context. Like that Fletcher got Haren, Gubi and Braden to respond. Most fans know the first time your throw in Spring Training you don't care about your mph. And in the video he's clearly not working very hard. 

Also nobody would care if Gungho Joe hadn't gushed about him hitting 95. 

In the inning+ he worked last year he hit 96. His problem was control, not velocity. At least until he left with an injury. On the other hand he had a pandemic screwed up ST, with no fans at the games. Just a throw away season for him and the Angels.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Is anyone interested in going to the game on March 28th against the Dodgers? I'm going to be in town that weekend (26th-28th) and would love to catch a game, if they're opening it up in California. 

Absolutely Chuck.  If they allow fans by then, I'll be there.  

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

In the inning+ he worked last year he hit 96. His problem was control, not velocity. At least until he left with an injury. On the other hand he had a pandemic screwed up ST, with no fans at the games. Just a throw away season for him and the Angels.

When the pandemic hit, it’s pretty clear he didn’t continue his routine. He got hurt and his timing was way off all year.