• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes Thread

Chuck

Has anyone seen the Angels full Spring Training roster (with jersey numbers) somewhere?

The Angels website has the list of players, but no numbers. That's unfortunate because in the ST photos and videos, you can only see players numbers on the jerseys, as they don't have names on the ST jerseys.

So in some of the videos you can't even tell who it is because it's #85, yet they don't have a #85 listed on the roster.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm guessing the casual Angeltards were flipping out about this on Twitter?

I don't envy Fletcher.

I actually think a lot of the writers unnecessarily phrased it as "topped out at 90". Not to say they were trying to mislead, but there are better ways to provide context. Like that Fletcher got Haren, Gubi and Braden to respond. Most fans know the first time your throw in Spring Training you don't care about your mph. And in the video he's clearly not working very hard. 

Also nobody would care if Gungho Joe hadn't gushed about him hitting 95. 

If Angels use a 6 man rotation that would be 27 starts each. So we know they all will not stay healthy the whole year. Give each 25 starts some more some less. Average of 6 inn a start that would be only 150 inn. Many adjustments will be made during season but the 6 starters we have now I think will keep them healthy. 

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

If Angels use a 6 man rotation that would be 27 starts each. So we know they all will not stay healthy the whole year. Give each 25 starts some more some less. Average of 6 inn a start that would be only 150 inn. Many adjustments will be made during season but the 6 starters we have now I think will keep them healthy. 

A 6-man rotation doesn't mean that the starts will be divided equally--especially given that Ohtani is one of them. 

18 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

A 6-man rotation doesn't mean that the starts will be divided equally--especially given that Ohtani is one of them. 

I know that just an average. I thought Angels would bring Ohtani along slowly and he would not take mound until mid May. What I hear early on from Maddon is Ohtani may start season in rotation.

14 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

re-watch days of thunder instead (I know you've seen that).  

Thin Red Line was great btw.  

you should watch it (Days of Heaven) and let me know what you think.  

Days of Heaven is only 95 minutes...

Love Thin Red Line.  That was the first movie premiere I got to go to (I was working as an assistant at Fox at the time).  The after party was in a parking lot in Westwood...

I'm a big fan of Malick's early work, but think most of what he's done post-The New World has been borderline unwatchable.

Got tickets for the 4th - 7th.  Had to get a little creative to get four actual seats instead of metal benches.   Two orders.  Two seats in same section separated by a row.  They wouldn't let you get four in a lot of Field MVP in one order.  Got good ones for Diamondbacks and A's. 

There is optimism they will allow some fans in stadiums in CA by opening day according to Boob Nightengale. Which probably means they will ban fans the entire year. 

It's a State decision, unfortunately. If it was up to the city/county, they'd likely allow limited capacity. But the governor is going to do anything possible to make people happy the next few months so I could see him allowing it. 

18 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I actually think a lot of the writers unnecessarily phrased it as "topped out at 90". Not to say they were trying to mislead, but there are better ways to provide context. Like that Fletcher got Haren, Gubi and Braden to respond. Most fans know the first time your throw in Spring Training you don't care about your mph. And in the video he's clearly not working very hard. 

Also nobody would care if Gungho Joe hadn't gushed about him hitting 95. 

If I remember Ohtani’s last spring training, he takes it really easy and doesn’t do too much or show any interest in the outcomes. Not worried at all about Ohtani.  I plan to start worrying on the first official game he pitches.