• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes Thread

Chuck

Cobb showing improved velocity
Right-hander Alex Cobb made his first start of the spring, throwing a scoreless inning against the Giants with a strikeout, a walk and a hit batter. His fastball velocity was right around 93 mph, which is in range with his last live bullpen session that saw him touch 95 mph.

Cobb's fastball averaged 92.5 mph last year, and with his improved mechanics after a visit to Driveline this offseason, it's trending up. But Cobb noted an increased velocity wasn’t one of his goals, it’s just something that’s improved with a cleaner delivery.

“I’ve never really been in this range this early in Spring Training or really any part of the season,” Cobb said. “I’m not trying to wrap too much around that thought. I think it’s a byproduct of cleaning everything else up.”

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Right-hander Alex Cobb made his first start of the spring, throwing a scoreless inning against the Giants with a strikeout, a walk and a hit batter. His fastball velocity was right around 93 mph, which is in range with his last live bullpen session that saw him touch 95 mph.

Cobb's fastball averaged 92.5 mph last year, and with his improved mechanics after a visit to Driveline this offseason, it's trending up. But Cobb noted an increased velocity wasn’t one of his goals, it’s just something that’s improved with a cleaner delivery.

“I’ve never really been in this range this early in Spring Training or really any part of the season,” Cobb said. “I’m not trying to wrap too much around that thought. I think it’s a byproduct of cleaning everything else up.”

Hot take, Cobb will be the Angels second best starter in 2021.

Astros claimed INF Robel Garcia off waivers from the Angels.

Garcia was designated for assignment last week. The 27-year-old infielder can hold his own at several defensive positions and could offer some value in a super-utility role moving forward.

Feb 27, 2021, 5:09 PM ET

•  

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Didn't Cobb take a trip to Driveline this offseason as well to clean up his mechanics?

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Finally a ST game worth tuning into. Excited to see both of them

Yeah, we'll get to see Heaney, C-Rod and Detmers. That said, the lineup outside of a few guys (Fletcher, Iglesias & Walsh) isn't packing that much of a punch.

Though we do get to see the Angels face Hunter Greene. That's kind of exciting. 

Evf4czkWgAEjtKG.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So I will be in Tempe the 15th and 16th, I think I have a pretty decent chance of seeing Ohtani pitch one of those two games.  

You know... I don't know how many games we'll be allowed to go in the regular season and I don't know how many of those I'll actually be able to attend, but of the game(s) I'd want to go to are the ones where he is pitching.  Hope it works out for you.

Edited by True Grich

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

You know... I don't know how many games we'll be allowed to go in the regular season and I don't know how many of those I'll actually be able to attend, but of the game(s) I'd want to go to are the ones where he is pitching.  Hope it works out for you.

Yep, and I will make it out to watch him pitch in the regular season.  Additionally, I will probably make sure I head out if Detmers or Rodriquez get called up to make their major league debut. 

Hats for Bats
2:47
Why aren’t the Angels in on a guy like Jake Odorizzi?

Steve Adams
They are. Just not at three years and $13-15MM annually.

Thoughts
Ohtani is the answer to "who wins Comeback Player other than Mancini"?

Steve Adams
2:48
Would take a pretty major workload on the mound, I think, and I don't think the Angels will afford him that chance.

He'll pitch, but his innings will be monitored pretty heavily.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

So I will be in Tempe the 15th and 16th, I think I have a pretty decent chance of seeing Ohtani pitch one of those two games.  

i'll be there the same time. we should meet up.