• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes Thread

Chuck

28 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Yeah, I don't know who's to blame for the visa issues and why it can't get resolved before ST, but it seems like it's always an issue.

and all the players who are going to miss time because of visa issues are competing for spots, so it'd seem of greater importance for themselves that they don't have these issues.

Guerra, Quijada, and Rivera are competing for spots in the pen.

You would think they get those players here early. Maybe have some sort of training facility, if MLB would allow that. I do not know how visas work. 

Has anyone ever been on the side of helping someone obtain a Visa?  It's absurdly complex and typically involves multiple attorneys as well as the timelines and staffing of multiple government agencies.  Plus the every changing landscape of how to navigate the process. 

Do you think that some of these guys are sitting around playing video games and then is suddenly dawns on them that they need a visa?   

And the route for professional athletes is way less complicated than for others.   

1 hour ago, Fourts said:

Wasn't it Heaney who was one of the guys that sold part of his future earnings for an immediate payout with Fantex?

Looked it up: yes, it was  -- 10% of all future MLB salary earnings.

I just read about it....crazy concept. 

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Has anyone ever been on the side of helping someone obtain a Visa?  It's absurdly complex and typically involves multiple attorneys as well as the timelines and staffing of multiple government agencies.  Plus the every changing landscape of how to navigate the process. 

Do you think that some of these guys are sitting around playing video games and then is suddenly dawns on them that they need a visa?   

And the route for professional athletes is way less complicated than for others.   

I don't doubt it is a convoluted process involving many involved parties.  I don't think it is a player problem, I am just baffled why it seems to always be a problem.  Apparently, it is not a major enough problem to solve.

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

Yeah, I don't know who's to blame for the visa issues and why it can't get resolved before ST, but it seems like it's always an issue.

and all the players who are going to miss time because of visa issues are competing for spots, so it'd seem of greater importance for themselves that they don't have these issues.

Guerra, Quijada, and Rivera are competing for spots in the pen.

Why worry about Visa's?  Just join a caravan from Honduras  and cross the border illegally and claim asylum.  They would let him stay permanently.