• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Super Bowl LV

failos

Who will win?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Chiefs or Buccaneers?

They mentioned it multiple times tonight, but some of you must have missed every time it was said. The Chiefs o-line was all back ups and 3rd stringers due to injury. The starting LT is a back up guard, the RT was a back up guard, LG was a back up, C was a different position made into C, and the guy that started RG just came off the practice squad and tonights game was his first snaps of the season.

TB has a great pass rush and took advantage of the injuries with a great game plan. I was more surprised Mahomes was able to scramble and elongate plays because he is having toe surgery after the game and hasn't been 100%.

KC's offensive line was shredded by injuries. Definitely a major factor in limiting Mahomes' magic.

And then there was Brady. I want some of the vitamins he's taking. If I didn't know better I might guess he's 29 rather than 43.

TB running game was also effective, just enough to provide balance.

The penalties were killers too, coming at the most inopportune moments. 

Sucks to be on the losing side, but we won last year to shake that demon.

The silver lining is I had TB at +3.5 and won on multiple Fournette props. I think I spent more time furniture and knife set shopping than watching the game. Once the flags started coming I knew what was coming.....and have to laugh that they flagged KC for the most yards ever in a half, KC plays the same, yet no flags the second half. Standard NFL malarkey. I even had to laugh when Brady ran all the way down to get in Mathieu's face yet Mathieu was flagged for the personal foul. At least Brady apologized, doubt the refs do.

Props to Arians, too. Good dude and coach. I think it was the HBO football show that did a behind the scenes with him a couple years back that was solid. You can't help but like the dude and root for him after seeing that. Glad he got to get a ring as a head coach.

Edited by Brandon

On 2/8/2021 at 9:10 AM, fan_since79 said:

The penalties were killers too, coming at the most inopportune moments. 

It helps when the penalties are only called one way - like when Jacksonville went to New England and had a lead in the second half of the AFC Championship. One penalty the entire game against the Patriots, and all of the ones called against the Jaguars either killed their drives or prolonged New England's.

Brady always seems to be the beneficiary of games called like that.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

21 minutes ago, Tank said:

Ha! 

100% accurate.

The funny thing is my take away from that beat down was just how elite Mahomes is. The way he worked the pocket, vision/awareness, extending plays, making absurd throws, etc. It stood out that he wasn't just a system QB or the weapons he has and is actually that good.

38 minutes ago, Brandon said:

100% accurate.

The funny thing is my take away from that beat down was just how elite Mahomes is. The way he worked the pocket, vision/awareness, extending plays, making absurd throws, etc. It stood out that he wasn't just a system QB or the weapons he has and is actually that good.

Which is exactly why I laughed when AO asked about him possibly being like Goff. They're not in the same stratosphere.

14 hours ago, Lou said:

Which is exactly why I laughed when AO asked about him possibly being like Goff. They're not in the same stratosphere.

Ok, to be fair I didn’t say that verbatim, just wondered if Mahomes’ first big setback would affect him, as the Super Bowl struggles seemed to affect Goff.

No way Goff could make those plays, since he’d be sacked on many of those.

Regarding the OL struggles, I only caught the part where one guy was out and another starter moves into his spot.   Didn’t catch where just about the whole starting OL was out.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Mahomes kept plays alive while hobbled with a foot injury that requires surgery and made multiple ridiculous off balance throws that still gave his receivers a chance.  Goff's best season coincided with the Rams run to the Super Bowl when they had arguably the best O-line and the top RB with Gurley having over 1,800 total yards and 21 TD's.  If you give probably 10 QB's in the league a top O-line and running game they'll have similar success on offense.  Goff's issues have nothing to do with the Super Bowl setting him back it's the reality that he's not an elite QB and when things don't go to plan he has a deer in headlights response and makes poor decisions.

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Mahomes kept plays alive while hobbled with a foot injury that requires surgery and made multiple ridiculous off balance throws that still gave his receivers a chance.  Goff's best season coincided with the Rams run to the Super Bowl when they had arguably the best O-line and the top RB with Gurley having over 1,800 total yards and 21 TD's.  If you give probably 10 QB's in the league a top O-line and running game they'll have similar success on offense.  Goff's issues have nothing to do with the Super Bowl setting him back it's the reality that he's not an elite QB and when things don't go to plan he has a deer in headlights response and makes poor decisions.

This is why Goff will struggle in Detroit.   As banged up and younger as the Rams’ OL was, it’s still better than what the Lions usually put on the field.

At least now the Rams have a guy who can move from the pocket and make things happen.

32 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Regarding the OL struggles, I only caught the part where one guy was out and another starter moves into his spot.   Didn’t catch where just about the whole starting OL was out.

I read that only 2 were out and others changed positions. 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

in my defense, i was playing yahtzee during the game and may have missed some critical information.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

I read that only 2 were out and others changed positions. 

My understanding is the two that were out were their tackles but their RT was out starting about midway through the season.  From what I read they brought one guy up while others moved on the line so they had 4 of 5 guys who had started about half the season together.  GB lost their LT going into the playoffs and scored 32 and 26 points in their two playoff games.  I think the result of the game was as much about Tampa's game plan on defense after getting burned by KC earlier in the season as it was KC losing one of their starters.  Mahomes kept plays alive but Tampa's secondary prevented big plays and didn't allow anyone besides Kelce up the middle to get much going.  Even once KC got down in or near the red zone Tampa's D clamped down.

All-pro RT Schwartz was placed on the IR in week 6.

Pro Bowl LT Fischer torn his ACL in the AFC championship game.

One of the better guards in the league, RG Duvernay-Tardif, opted out due to Covid because he is a doctor and chose to stay working in the hospital with Covid patients.

Former Pro Bowler LG Osemele was out for the season in week 5

Even some of the backups like Cam Erving were out injured and two of the starters for the Super Bowl were on the injured list going into the game. Remmers is kind of journey man back up guard that took over RT for Schwartz but moved to LT when Fisher went down. Wylie is a 3rd string guard that was moved to RT. Allegretti is a back up that took over Osemele. And the starting RG was a guy cut from the Steelers right before the playoffs.....literally signed from his couch to start the Super Bowl. The only guy who was a starter is Reiter at C....who was actually benched in the middle of the year. 7th round pick that wasn't good enough for the Redskins or the Browns.

It wasn't just the line (although I've never seen that kind of pressure and it was the most in Super Bowl history) that cost them the game, but a pretty big part. Lets at least get the facts straight.

Edited by Brandon

33 minutes ago, Lou said:

So basically they lost 1 guy who had played in the last 3 months of the season. Considering how they dominated this year, it sounds like a pretty weak excuse.

What excuse? I gave facts. Why are you spinning it because you got corrected? I gave TB props.

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Brandon is drowning and right now is not the time to toss him an anchor, Lou. 

Put down the bottle or the cream puff dicknose