• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Should Trade for David Price

VariousCrap

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I just want the catcher of the future, if they can do it, it’s worth picking up Price’s contract, which will save them like $18 M this year but also $20 M next year. They are currently 30M over the cap, probably hard to squeeze under but next year Seager is a free agent, so they can’t reset, and will pay tax again. This gives them money to pay Turner this season.

I'd just assume the dogs would pay the money as opposed to giving up a prospect.  Especially on of Ruiz caliber.  

Only way i would even think about trading for jansen and Price, is that  the Dodgers are willing to add Ruiz/Grey + Miller into the deal.

We're adding about 37 mils between those contracts, moves us to 208 mil.

For the Dodgers, it brings them under 210.

Now why should we do this? 

first the dodgers made similar moves early on. Getting big contracts while geting prospects back and this is a perfect opportunity to do so.

Price, he not an ace anymore, but still a solid 3 that will help the rotation. Seems like he has about 32 mil left over 2 years.  We should Definetly be able to get one prospect in the range of 5-10 back. 

Jansen, he's not an Elite closer anymore, and has health concerns. But still a solid arm in the Bp. Issue is that he's owned 20 mil, on the bright side it's a one year deal only. Its a tough contract to move, espcially during this time, i would not be surpised if they have to add a top 5 propects in a deal to trade him.

So the important parts,

We could have the option of getting Ruiz or Gray.

Gray. He fill in a need of pitching and he has safe floor of 3, with the potential to develop into a 2. 

Ruiz, would also be a nice get. he becomes our future Catcher.

The second Piece, personally i would like to Get Bobby Miller, who has dominating stuff with good upside. But, was only a 2020 draftee.

I wouldn’t mind Price at this point.  Not a big fan of him going forward but I’m sure he’ll be serviceable.  Might be a decent opportunity to get a prospect.  Dodgers are like 30 million over the threshold aren’t they ? 

of course the way Angels are behaving they’d probably send the Dodgers a prospect to get them to eat salary.  

Maybe Minasian has been penny pinching with Cobb and Fowler with an expectation he’d be needing every mil possible to give him an advantage in taking on Price’s contract for as little as possible.

Bundy, Price, Canning, Heaney, Quintana, Cobb, Ohtani wouldn’t be that bad. Barria in pen as swingman/spot starter. Crazy deep. 

7 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I think it’s 2 to 1. So I believe this puts them 35m over? That would mean they would have to pay 70m essentially for Bauer. Might want to check my math 

dogs were under for 2020 so their tax is 20% plus a 12.5% surcharge for being more than 20m over (20-40).  They're about 30m over right now so their tax is around 32.5% of that or 9.75m.  

Just now, totdprods said:

Maybe Minasian has been penny pinching with Cobb and Fowler with an expectation he’d be needing every mil possible to give him an advantage in taking on Price’s contract for as little as possible.

Bundy, Price, Canning, Heaney, Quintana, Cobb, Ohtani wouldn’t be that bad. Barria in pen as swingman/spot starter. Crazy deep. 

come on.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

dogs were under for 2020 so their tax is 20% plus a 12.5% surcharge for being more than 20m over (20-40).  They're about 30m over right now so their tax is around 32.5% of that or 9.75m.  

Well, trading Price would get them under and leave a little space for a trade if needed.

32 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

That's a lot of numbers. There is no indication as of now that the Dodgers want to get under the tax or close to it. The Bauer signing just happened so perhaps we will know more in the coming days what their plans are. I still expect them to resign Turner.

I am fully on board with Arte taking on Price or Jansen or both if it means getting good prospects in return. I highly doubt Moreno wants to pay that much this year though. It's a good opportunity to improve the future of his ball club if he so chooses.

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

That's a lot of numbers. There is no indication as of now that the Dodgers want to get under the tax or close to it. The Bauer signing just happened so perhaps we will know more in the coming days what their plans are. I still expect them to resign Turner.

I am fully on board with Arte taking on Price or Jansen or both if it means getting good prospects in return. I highly doubt Moreno wants to pay that much this year though. It's a good opportunity to improve the future of his ball club if he so chooses.

the dogs have set a precedent in the past of going over the threshold in order to get prospects.  I just don't see them giving prospects away to save money at this point.  An extra 10-15m in tax is like nothing to them.  If that opportunity should arise then great, but I don't think it will and I agree that I don't think Arte would do it anyway.  

I find it hard to believe that Arte's going to let Minasian take on $16 million.

Also, I don't think the Dodgers are going to give up a prospect or any good player to free themselves of Price's contract. Especially not a guy like Gonsolin or Gray.

$16M for David Price isn't that outlandish, and the Dodgers aren't the type of team to give up good players in order to free themselves of finances.