• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trevor Bauer signs with the Dodgers (3 years, $102 million)

mmc

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

So who thinks he'll opt out after 1 year, and leave $45 million on the table?

If he pitches like last year he will. 

Long term security. Obviously no one wanted to give him a long term deal this year so he wants to prove his worth in 2021. And if he’s shit... he makes 45 million the next year. Lol 

4 minutes ago, Deek said:

Dogs are going to regret that contract - wow!!

There is very, very little chance that Bauer's production over the next 2 years comes close in value to how much they are paying him so yeah, it's already looking like a bad deal in that regard. Only a 3 yr deal though so it's a lot easier to stomach with it being so short-term.

The Mets offered Bauer more than the Dodgers did in the end, Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets, but the Santa Clarita native and UCLA product was drawn both to Southern California, the opportunity to help defend a World Series championship and to the Dodgers’ technologically and data-driven pitching shop, per Sherman.

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

The Mets offered Bauer more than the Dodgers did in the end, Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets, but the Santa Clarita native and UCLA product was drawn both to Southern California, the opportunity to help defend a World Series championship and to the Dodgers’ technologically and data-driven pitching shop, per Sherman.

WHAT A NERD

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

There is very, very little chance that Bauer's production over the next 2 years comes close in value to how much they are paying him so yeah, it's already looking like a bad deal in that regard. Only a 3 yr deal though so it's a lot easier to stomach with it being so short-term.

If 1 WAR is valued at 8 million, he'd need a 5 WAR to be worth it. Considering that 2018 is the only year he's had a bwar over 5, he is going to have to be lights out the next two years for the Dodgers. The short contract is key here

Good for the Dodgers. Can’t hate on ownership and management that wants to win and commits to it. 

im at the point where I’m very cynical with the Angels. Fuck it; blow this team up and accept the full rebuild. I would not blame Trout one bit if he wanted a trade. Pathetic ass front office. 

Just now, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Good for the Dodgers. Can’t hate on ownership and management that wants to win and commits to it. 

im at the point where I’m very cynical with the Angels. Fuck it; blow this team up and accept the full rebuild. I would not blame Trout one bit if he wanted a trade. Pathetic ass front office. 

Didn’t we rebuild? Haha

1 more year of the albatross Pujols contract 

Bauer still not worth 40/yr