• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anybody know of any good available pitching coaches🤔🤦🏻‍♂️

Obviously the Callaway situation has bigger implications and issues than this, but it will be something the Angels need to address.

Perhaps they just promote Matt Wise, who is the bullpen coach. Another avenue could be Mike Butcher, who has a relationship with Joe Maddon and was rumored to be in the mix for the job previously.

Regardless of who it is, they really need to vet the new PC and any future employees. What happened is unacceptable.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Obviously the Callaway situation has bigger implications and issues than this, but it will be something the Angels need to address.

Perhaps they just promote Matt Wise, who is the bullpen coach. Another avenue could be Mike Butcher, who has a relationship with Joe Maddon and was rumored to be in the mix for the job previously.

Regardless of who it is, they really need to vet the new PC and any future employees. What happened is unacceptable.

Ummm... Butcher was let go by the Angels in 2015

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Ummm... Butcher was let go by the Angels in 2015

I know. But that was also a different regime. It's probably going to be Maddon's hire, and Butcher has been Maddon's pitching coach before, so I'd assume he's an option.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

What about Mark Gubicza? The guy knows our staff and comments on stuff that he sees during the telecasts all the time when a pitcher is doing something right/wrong.

This way we get a brand new tandem for televised broadcasts. 

I think that's a tough transition for him to make. Especially since ST literally starts in like two weeks.

One somewhat outside the box idea would be Dominic Chiti, who Perry Minasian brought in as a Special Assistant. Chiti was a bullpen coach for three major league teams in the past. Perhaps they just promote Matt Wise to pitching coach and move Chiti to bullpen coach.

Time is a major factor in this, as ST is scheduled to start very soon. That's why Matt Wise may be the logical option since, as bullpen coach, he's been in communication with Angels pitchers throughout the offseason. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wise as pitching coach and Buddy Carlyle as bullpen coach.

59 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I know. But that was also a different regime. It's probably going to be Maddon's hire, and Butcher has been Maddon's pitching coach before, so I'd assume he's an option.

Butcher was also Maddon’s pitching coach one year in Tampa. He interviewed for the job before Callaway was hired. 

3 hours ago, Trendon said:

One somewhat outside the box idea would be Dominic Chiti, who Perry Minasian brought in as a Special Assistant. Chiti was a bullpen coach for three major league teams in the past. Perhaps they just promote Matt Wise to pitching coach and move Chiti to bullpen coach.

Wise would be a great choice.

9 hours ago, Trendon said:

You know a distant relative Harry Chiti was the only player traded for himself. April 25, 1962 Chiti was traded by Indians to Mets for a player to be named later. June 15 Mets sent Chiti back to Cleveland. He was the player to be named later.