• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Alex Cobb TRADED to Angels for Jahmai Jones

jordan

Just now, Fourts said:

Look at quickly some are moving into "acceptance".  Guess practice makes perfect.  

A lot of people have PTSD from all the dudes Eppler brought in.

Yes - we are going down the same path of one-year deals that Eppler did, but Minasian is a totally different talent evaluator.  The Braves have had good degrees of success with one-year deals.  I'll wait and see how these guys do before assuming that these acquisitions will end up the same as Eppler's.

And, FWIW - while Eppler did have some spectacularly awful SP signings, he did also acquire Bundy, who was quite the revelation last year.

Let's just wait and see how things pan out.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea how much we are going to pay him, but you have to think we aren’t paying him that much unless we are getting another player from them.  I also have no idea if he would only get a minor league deal when a guy like Moore gets $3 million deal.  

then I'd rather have Moore or Rodon.  Even when people thought Cobb was good, he wasn't very good.  

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Cobb would be a minor league deal with in an invite to spring if he were a FA.  Except the Angels are going to pay him $7.5 mil.

I think I mentioned that there would be a head scratcher type deal for a pitcher.  My entire scalp just broke out with psoriasis.  

I don't like the idea of Cobb but I don't think that evaluation is fair. Cobb could easily be the #5 SP on almost any team in MLB. 

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

then I'd rather have Moore or Rodon.  Even when people thought Cobb was good, he wasn't very good.  

What part of two seasons in which he posted an ERA under 3.00 and two with an ERA in the 3's pitching in the AL East is not very good? 

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 10.10.31 AM.png

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

wtf. I know that Jones has struggled. but we're really eating 7.5 mil and also sending a prospect back.

your telling me that Perry couldn't get some else around that price?

We're not telling you anything.  You're on a need-to-know basis.

• mmc changed the title to Breaking: Alex Cobb to be traded to Angels for Jahmai Jones