• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Alex Cobb TRADED to Angels for Jahmai Jones

jordan

I thought the guy was meh when everyone and their brother was clamoring for him three years ago... hopefully that late season surge last year carries over.   Tell you what, if they tank they are going to have a shit ton of guys to trade off...   So many 1 year deals.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Don't get me wrong.  I agree with you.  Just trying to find anything.  And that's the only thing I can come up with. 

I'd rather have spent the money on Walker.  

Totally. Like I just posted... Maybe the Angels get creative with a prospect they might get back and pair him with Upton for someone else

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Nobody gets this.  Hopefully this is part of another move?

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yep.  Has to be.  Heaney or Canning in a package for another starter?

Or Minasian doesn't think he has a better option with the money he has to spend....might want to stay under the cap for a trading deadline move....

I don’t understand the move on it’s face, unless Orioles are sending like 10M In cash, or more. 

But they’re probably not, so that leaves me to believe the return is gonna be minor. A few guys we’ve never heard of, maybe someone like Baretto.

This is one of those deals that you think, ok there has to be more to it... unfortunately ive said that so many time in recent years and there usually isnt.
Well see what the final details are but this doesnt move the needle, at all, by itself.  We could have gotten this, or better, in FA for half the cost. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Would love Anthony Santander.

I second the motion.  The O's are taking Santander to arbitration but whether he ends up at $2.1M or $2.4M (or somewhere in between in a settlement) he'll be their fourth highest paid player.  It's his first Arb year.  Maybe the O's are looking to dump his salary too?  If we were to get Santander that would open up Marsh or Adell to be traded for an ace pitcher.  Santander is waaaaaay underrated due to playing in an anonymous market.  If he was a Yankee he'd be a household name.