• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Alex Cobb TRADED to Angels for Jahmai Jones

jordan

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

What the FRICK!!! Jam Jones?!?! For Alex Cobb at 7.5 million? 

I mean I be was fine with it before because I figured it was some no name minor leaguer. 

WTF are you doing Minasian?

Los Angeles Angels: The Perry Minasian Era begins! Go behind-the-scenes of  our new GM's first day. ... - Raw Chili

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

What part of two seasons in which he posted an ERA under 3.00 and two with an ERA in the 3's pitching in the AL East is not very good? 

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 10.10.31 AM.png

Chuck...you had hair when Cobb last had under a 3 era. Cmon man.  He's not good, there's no defending giving up our #7 prospect to pay a #6 starter 7.5 million.  

Just now, Second Base said:

So Matt Moore can be had for 3 million and no prospect, but Alex Cobb costs 7.5 million and a top 10 prospect in the system.

Yeah, ok. 

You keep saying $7.5 million but there haven’t been any reports saying anything other than Baltimore will be paying at least half of his salary. 

2 minutes ago, Quinlanforthewin said:

Chuck...you had hair when Cobb last had under a 3 era. Cmon man.  He's not good, there's no defending giving up our #7 prospect to pay a #6 starter 7.5 million.  

Ha. I still have hair, I just keep it short and clean my friend. 

I agree that Jones is too much in the deal. Especially since we only have Iglesias for one year at SS, assuming Fletcher goes back to SS if we can't sign a FA to play the position. 

That said we have Barreto and Rengifo as I mentioned and Paris, Jackson coming in a couple years. 

Jesus, I’m not at all a fan of acquiring Cobb, but I really couldn’t careless about losing Jones.  Completely redundant player that would never see time here with Barreto/Rengifo now and prospects with higher upside coming up behind him