• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

First, I thought that was Heyman for a second.

Second, I see a lot of people say stuff like this, but genuine question: How would they know? Interview female reporters/co-workers for every semi-important hire? Is that the new standard? Like, what is the process for finding that out?

The impression I got from the article was that it was an open secret among female reporters in NY. But unless teams are expected to do extensive interviews of reporters for every hire, I'm not sure they can be blamed for it not coming up unless someone came forward and they ignored it, or the Mets or Indians were aware and didn't let the next team know about it.  

Remember when we naively used to brag about our perfect little ball club owned by the Cowboy and we’d curse the vile big teams full of druggies (Skaggs), cheats (Harkins), and lewd creeps (Callaway).  Glad to see our big owner brought the Angels to the big time. What a fucking disgrace this organization is.  All we need is a few parking lot murders to catch the Dodgers. 

59 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

MLB Trade Rumors has a summary of the article:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/02/angels-pitching-coach-mickey-callaway-accused-of-lewd-behavior.html

Here's an excerpt:

"Callaway’s alleged behavior has apparently been well-known in some corners of baseball, as one of the accusers told Ghiroli and Strang, “It was the worst-kept secret in sports.”

Callaway responded to The Athletic in an email, writing: “Rather than rush to respond to these general allegations of which I have just been made aware, I look forward to an opportunity to provide more specific responses. Any relationship in which I was engaged has been consensual, and my conduct was in no way intended to be disrespectful to any women involved. I am married and my wife has been made aware of these general allegations.”

Well he is probably going to be fired and probably divorced soon. I don’t think a wife will put up with crap like that.

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Remember when we naively used to brag about our perfect little ball club owned by the Cowboy and we’d curse the vile big teams full of druggies (Skaggs), cheats (Harkins), and lewd creeps (Callaway).  Glad to see our big owner brought the Angels to the big time. What a fucking disgrace this organization is.  All we need is a few parking lot murders to catch the Dodgers. 

Yeah, okay

14 minutes ago, budice0 said:

The optics make it seem the organizations aren't good with background checks. 

If its multiple instances and investigative reporters can bubble it up, why not the clubs.

The ones who come forward are likely a small fraction of actual instances of said behavior.

Ok, I'll put it to you as well:

25 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I see a lot of people say stuff like this, but genuine question: How would they know? Interview female reporters/co-workers for every semi-important hire? Is that the new standard? Like, what is the process for finding that out?

The impression I got from the article was that it was an open secret among female reporters in NY. But unless teams are expected to do extensive interviews of reporters for every hire, I'm not sure they can be blamed for it not coming up unless someone came forward and they ignored it, or the Mets or Indians were aware and didn't let the next team know about it.  

Feel free to answer, I'm genuinely curious. I can allow that this is maybe a problem, but I don't think, the Angels are uniquely flawed here. Does any organization do interview background checks for creepy behavior? Should this be a thing now? How should they go about it?

Gone are the days of a little bit of foreplay to set the mood.....what are we becoming?

Honestly though, there is unlikely a way for the team to know until people come out and say something. You can't just say it's common knowledge. Looking at the Mets or Angels in a different light based off of the report is unreasonable. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Very curious to hear what Brandon's therapist contacts say about this one...

Ironically I came to check in and see your psychoanalysis.

Another power trip or no? Or is it just a creepy old man trying to get his dick wet because it's five women opposed to just one like the other article? In the other article which was clearly a power play move per someone that took some psychology classes in college, but this just seems like the same sexual advances except now he is pulling a power play on all five.

I'm not saying Mickey shouldn't have done it, I am saying that's it's total BS these women waited until now to come forward.

Save us all the embarrassment so we don't have to fire the dude and answer a bunch of questions about whether we knew about it. 

Sexual allegations are taken pretty damn seriously. Waiting to release it only makes it worse. Come forward and he wouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Sucks for the girls, Mickey, the Angels...

Edited by Second Base

Callaway is going to get fired no matter what actually happened.

If the allegations are completely truthful and there is no additional information that was left out, then he should never work in professional sports again.

But if what he claims is true in that everything was consensual, then it’s a shame because it won’t matter, the court of public opinion has already deemed the allegations to be the only truth.

10 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I'm not saying Mickey shouldn't have done it, I am saying that's it's total BS these women waited until now to come forward.

Save us all the embarrassment so we don't have to fire the dude and answer a bunch of questions about whether we knew about it. 

Sexual allegations are taken pretty damn seriously. Waiting to release it only makes it worse. Come forward and he wouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Sucks for the girls, Mickey, the Angels...

Let's put a vagina on you and see what you'd do if you were in their position.

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

Ok, I'll put it to you as well:

Feel free to answer, I'm genuinely curious. I can allow that this is maybe a problem, but I don't think, the Angels are uniquely flawed here. Does any organization do interview background checks for creepy behavior? Should this be a thing now? How should they go about it?

@Adam?