• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

Sounds like the Mets may have known about this too but chose not to do anything.

The Mets, when contacted by The Athletic, said that in August 2018 – about 10 months after Callaway joined the organization – the team learned of an incident that took place before it hired him. The team investigated that matter, a spokesperson said, but declined to reveal the nature of the incident, the outcome of that probe or whether Callaway was disciplined. Callaway continued managing the rest of the season.

I have an Athletic subscription, I just read the article. Pretty lengthy with lots of quotes from different female media members in Cleveland, NY, and Anaheim.

No one mentioned any dick pics, but he did send several shirtless pics and repeatedly asked for pics in return. He texted or emailed women over and over again even though they weren't responding. He made some inappropriate comments in-person about their outfits, looks, etc. When he was manager of the Mets, he liked to use the "If you come out and get drunk with me, I'll give you juicy news about the team" line as well. 

One woman also said that he thrust his crotch at her in the middle of a 1:1 interview. 

Yikes. 

2 minutes ago, Bobster7587 said:

I have an Athletic subscription, I just read the article. Pretty lengthy with lots of quotes from different female media members in Cleveland, NY, and Anaheim.

No one mentioned any dick pics, but he did send several shirtless pics and repeatedly asked for pics in return. He texted or emailed women over and over again even though they weren't responding. He made some inappropriate comments in-person about their outfits, looks, etc. When he was manager of the Mets, he liked to use the "If you come out and get drunk with me, I'll give you juicy news about the team" line as well. 

One woman also said that he thrust his crotch at her in the middle of a 1:1 interview. 

Yikes. 

Did it read that the Angels were aware of the accusations?

MLB Trade Rumors has a summary of the article:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/02/angels-pitching-coach-mickey-callaway-accused-of-lewd-behavior.html

Here's an excerpt:

"Callaway’s alleged behavior has apparently been well-known in some corners of baseball, as one of the accusers told Ghiroli and Strang, “It was the worst-kept secret in sports.”

Callaway responded to The Athletic in an email, writing: “Rather than rush to respond to these general allegations of which I have just been made aware, I look forward to an opportunity to provide more specific responses. Any relationship in which I was engaged has been consensual, and my conduct was in no way intended to be disrespectful to any women involved. I am married and my wife has been made aware of these general allegations.”

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Did it read that the Angels were aware of the accusations?

The story didn't confirm or deny that. There were multiple quotes in the story about how Callaway had a horrible reputation among the women in the industry. There was also a quote from one of the women expressing confusion about how multiple teams hired him without being aware of his terrible reputation: "How would that be possible? At this point, it's his reputation. If they are vetting him, even an ounce of his personal life should reveal this."