• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one is close @cals.  

Am I suppose to react to Nick Francona's response?  He offers nothing new except his own "trauma" in this ordeal.  If you have an issue with your father, man-up and either confront him or leave it alo

Well, from our previous exchanges I assumed that you use crayons and then ask an appropriate adult to type it up for you. A bit like this: 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, calscuf said:

For fuck sake, if you can’t even agree that “initial contact” is a societal burden we all hetero makes have to deal with then I don’t see any reason to even argue.

That point literally has nothing whatsoever to do with any of the situations we're talking about, so I'm glad you're not going to continue. 🙂

Edited by jsnpritchett
Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Not sure why you're insulting me and others now. You continue to miss some of the major reasons why this behavior (whether we're talking about Callaway or the incident James mentioned) isn't appropriate: it's the setting, the context, and the power disparity.

Again, FIVE women (while he was married, no less). That's someone ego has a problem.

I’m not taking about Callaway anymore.  I said he fucked up mostly because he was married.  I’m talking bigger picture and why this sort of male behavior happens.  And frankly it will keep happening because for the average guy for every 4 women who think he’s creepy, one will hook up.  That is life.

3 minutes ago, calscuf said:

For fuck sake, if you can’t even agree that “initial contact” is a societal burden we all hetero makes have to deal with then I don’t see any reason to even argue.

I’m sure that the player that passed his phone number to his coach to pass it to the female reporter was only thinking about a long term, nurturing relationship.  He really showed what a man he was..

Just join 2021. Things have changed.  Men now have responsibility to be sure to treat woman with respect.  

Just now, calscuf said:

The problem is when you are a “celeb”.  Your “crash and burns” become public.  Nobody cares about our “crash and burns”.

You have such a bizarre way of approaching this whole discussion. You and I are clearly in different universes when it comes to this.  As I said to Jinzu earlier when we reached an impasse, I don't think it's productive to continue, so I'll bow out, too.  Maybe we'll find common ground elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I’m not taking about Callaway anymore.  I said he fucked up mostly because he was married.  I’m talking bigger picture and why this sort of male behavior happens.  And frankly it will keep happening because for the average guy for every 4 women who think he’s creepy, one will hook up.  That is life.

Can’t talk bigger picture if you have no clue what the actual issue is that is being discussed.  Hint: it’s not marital infidelity. 

5 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

I’m sure that the player that passed his phone number to his coach to pass it to the female reporter was only thinking about a long term, nurturing relationship.  He really showed what a man he was..

Just join 2021. Things have changed.  Men now have responsibility to be sure to treat woman with respect.  

Again, I’m not judging the Callaway situation, I’m making general, societal observations.  If you’ve been able to hook up and have relations with women without talking to them, without taking a chance when attempting to “break the ice” and not risking rejection in the process, awesome, give us some tips.  But if you’ve ever asked a woman out, started a random conversation with a woman with hopes of a date or simply asked a woman out on a date, then you understand my point.  

And my point, for you slow guys is this:  As long as society expects men to be the aggressors socially, these kind of bad situations are going to happen.  Because some men suck socially and don’t understand the line between “putting yourself out there” and being a creep.  Which can often be a very fine line.

9 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Again, I’m not judging the Callaway situation, I’m making general, societal observations.  If you’ve been able to hook up and have relations with women without talking to them, without taking a chance when attempting to “break the ice” and not risking rejection in the process, awesome, give us some tips.  But if you’ve ever asked a woman out, started a random conversation with a woman with hopes of a date or simply asked a woman out on a date, then you understand my point.  

And my point, for you slow guys is this:  As long as society expects men to be the aggressors socially, these kind of bad situations are going to happen.  Because some men suck socially and don’t understand the line between “putting yourself out there” and being a creep.  Which can often be a very fine line.

If you think that line is so thin then you likely have aspbergers or are a sociopath. It is extremely apparent when females aren’t interested. That relentless pursuit to meet your own satisfaction without regard for very obvious social queues means you have mental issues. 

4 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

If you think that line is so thin then you likely have aspbergers or are a sociopath. It is extremely apparent when females aren’t interested. That relentless pursuit to meet your own satisfaction without regard for very obvious social queues means you have mental issues. 

@calscuf with aspbergers 

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

I thought Callaway was married when he did what he allegedly did? Is it now acceptable for married men to hook up? If so, can I get some documentation for my wife? I doubt that she will believe me.....

14 hours ago, ScottT said:

There are different incidents being discussed.  One was simply a guy passing on his number via a coach.

Right, I said “sexually charged” specifically. I don’t really have much thought on the phone number passing.  I’m not sure why the guy would treat it like a junior high thing though.  And I’ll also say.  That if your first interaction or only interaction with a person is just receiving a note with their phone number.  Don’t you think that’s kind of weird ? Especially if your supposed to be working with them ? 

anyway, obviously in a different universe than some of the stuff that apparently the Mets guy and Calloway did. 

8 minutes ago, failos said:

Similar thing happened to a major character on The Expanse, and man am I pissed at what his actions did to the show.

A friend of mine had a run in with him. She tried to pitch a movie project to him and he feigned interest while he would get her to come out for drinks or dinner.  I think guys like him are just clueless and typically self interested. He'd have been better off just sticking to tinder and mentioning in his bio that he was a successful actor.

25 minutes ago, failos said:

Man keep your dick in your pants. I’m so sick of assholes like Callaway shitting where they eat.

Similar thing happened to a major character on The Expanse, and man am I pissed at what his actions did to the show.

Oh, so that's why Alex isn't returning next season.  That sucks,  he and Bobbie become married or something in the books.