• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

Again, I’m not judging the Callaway situation, I’m making general, societal observations.  If you’ve been able to hook up and have relations with women without talking to them, without taking a chance when attempting to “break the ice” and not risking rejection in the process, awesome, give us some tips.  But if you’ve ever asked a woman out, started a random conversation with a woman with hopes of a date or simply asked a woman out on a date, then you understand my point.  

And my point, for you slow guys is this:  As long as society expects men to be the aggressors socially, these kind of bad situations are going to happen.  Because some men suck socially and don’t understand the line between “putting yourself out there” and being a creep.  Which can often be a very fine line.

I thought Callaway was married when he did what he allegedly did? Is it now acceptable for married men to hook up? If so, can I get some documentation for my wife? I doubt that she will believe me.....

14 hours ago, ScottT said:

There are different incidents being discussed.  One was simply a guy passing on his number via a coach.

Right, I said “sexually charged” specifically. I don’t really have much thought on the phone number passing.  I’m not sure why the guy would treat it like a junior high thing though.  And I’ll also say.  That if your first interaction or only interaction with a person is just receiving a note with their phone number.  Don’t you think that’s kind of weird ? Especially if your supposed to be working with them ? 

anyway, obviously in a different universe than some of the stuff that apparently the Mets guy and Calloway did. 

8 minutes ago, failos said:

Similar thing happened to a major character on The Expanse, and man am I pissed at what his actions did to the show.

A friend of mine had a run in with him. She tried to pitch a movie project to him and he feigned interest while he would get her to come out for drinks or dinner.  I think guys like him are just clueless and typically self interested. He'd have been better off just sticking to tinder and mentioning in his bio that he was a successful actor.

25 minutes ago, failos said:

Man keep your dick in your pants. I’m so sick of assholes like Callaway shitting where they eat.

Similar thing happened to a major character on The Expanse, and man am I pissed at what his actions did to the show.

Oh, so that's why Alex isn't returning next season.  That sucks,  he and Bobbie become married or something in the books.

4 minutes ago, JocStrapling said:

Furthermore, it would be interesting to see if these “accusers” have any connection to Luba et al as I’ve already noticed that that the two reporters certainly do and not only from a reporter/agent prospective.  If somehow Bauer miraculously signs with the Angels, then there is definitely something up. Don’t put it past those fuckers. 

Are you wearing your tinfoil hat and WWG1WGA t-shirt this morning as you type this?

28 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

A friend of mine had a run in with him. She tried to pitch a movie project to him and he feigned interest while he would get her to come out for drinks or dinner.  I think guys like him are just clueless and typically self interested. He'd have been better off just sticking to tinder and mentioning in his bio that he was a successful actor.

Agreed

Putting aside that he’s married for a second, as we don’t know what their relationship looks like. Asking a woman out for coffee or a drink , even if she’s a reporter and your her subject is not harassment, and that’s true even if she finds you repulsive. Incessantly texting dozens of times and including shirtless selfies or any other anatomy pics is harassment, also asking for nudes if they aren’t into you is harassment. Asking a woman for her number is not harassment but doing it while peacocking is. There is a line and I’m sure we’ve all been guilty of crossing it once in a while because we have a societal problem when it comes to gender dynamics. 

1 hour ago, JocStrapling said:

Furthermore, it would be interesting to see if these “accusers” have any connection to Luba et al as I’ve already noticed that that the two reporters certainly do and not only from a reporter/agent prospective.  If somehow Bauer miraculously signs with the Angels, then there is definitely something up. Don’t put it past those fuckers. 

Dude this is nuts but I love it. If real life was a tv show this would be the predictable plot line. Between billionaires, up and coming agents and people fighting over millions of dollars just about nothing would surprise me.

1 hour ago, JocStrapling said:

Sorry but fuck off with this.  If by chance any of that is true (which it isn’t) then Bauer should never step foot on a diamond again and Luba should be banned from MLB as an agent.  It’s one thing to tell the Angels to fire him or else I won’t sign with you.  It is entirely different to ruin his life for the chance of signing with a team.  The fact that you think this is a possibility tells me a lot about you.  

5 minutes ago, JocStrapling said:

Wake up Stradling. Apparently your cushy gig at in n out has shielded you from the sad ugly reality that often takes place in the real world, especially when $$, power and agenda is involved.  Also, how in hell do you think this child Luba  is an agent in the first place? Really think she got there from her savvy and superior intelligence? Have you watched her Momentum vids?  Read any of her dribble?  Her star client calls her Chalupa for gods sakes...yes, that’s sure to instill confidence and any measure of respect that you would want a real  GM to  have in your agent.  But hey, it probably works with these beta soy GM.s that likely take a submissive stance to this wannabe agent. 

Haha, you are pretty macho with your beta soy words.  Anyway, yea, this is fucking dumb.  How do I think she became an Agent, I’d assume she got some sort of degree, worked in the industry, and built a relationship with the right people.  You go ahead and assume the worst in people.  I’ll go back to reality where everything isn’t some sort of fucked up backstabbing world and we don’t use terms like beta soy.  “My cushy gig” adorable.