• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

1 minute ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't see what the big deal is here. Gather the evidence and follow the rules in place for these sort of allegations and judge things based on that.

twitter isn't made for nuance but for kneejerk reactions.  The end result of all of this is pretty cut and dry. Angels are protecting themselves from a wrongful termination lawsuit and Callaway will be swiftly fired once MLB's investigation wraps up, which probably won't take very long. 

7 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

twitter isn't made for nuance but for kneejerk reactions.  The end result of all of this is pretty cut and dry. Angels are protecting themselves from a wrongful termination lawsuit and Callaway will be swiftly fired once MLB's investigation wraps up, which probably won't take very long. 

As well they should be. I am failing to see why he should be automatically fired. As you mentioned, the investigation probably won't be very long and it's not like he is being accused of drugging these women or assaulting them etc with a lot of evidence all over the place. I don't understand why people want him fired right away and then for the Angels/MLB to do some research. Then again, things don't need to make sense in this world.

Oh and he has been SUSPENDED so the wheels are in motion for either outcome. I'm sure irrational people don't even acknowledge that.

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I think everyone here needs to step back, calm down and remember something very important:  Callaway is not very attractive.  

So if he did any of the things he’s accused of, it’s clearly harassment and not “being playful” or “flirting” as some have suggested.

But he’s kinda rich. 

5 minutes ago, ScottT said:

No, I'm referring to Molly Knight. Fabian likes her posts and retweets her all the time. I generally don't block people, but some things get tiresome. 

Yeah, I don't see her tweets as much anymore since I don't follow her and I blocked Fabian months ago. 

It's awfully stupid for Molly Knight to complain about the lack of the word "fire" in the Angels press release, but that's just 2021. People were stupid before, but now they're "I must stand for this group of people because the media tells me they're opressed" level of stupid. The former is individually stupid. The latter is collectively stupid.

Just now, Second Base said:

It's awfully stupid for Molly Knight to complain about the lack of the word "fire" in the Angels press release, but that's just 2021. People were stupid before, but now they're "I must stand for this group of people because the media tells me they're opressed" level of stupid. The former is individually stupid. The latter is collectively stupid.

She later posted this.  Without an editorial comment...

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

Molly Knight writes for @TheAthleticLA but is predominantly a Dodgers writer for them and even wrote a book about the Dodgers so it's not surprising she is trying to drag us through the mud as well.

She was giddy about the Dodgers fans' trip to Angels opening day to harass the Astros.

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But he’s kinda rich. 

I'm old and bald.

- Old and bald.
- Yeah.

- That means nothing.
- Please. Are you kidding?

- You're rich!
- You think rich beats old and bald?

You could have mutton chops
and wear a, a cartoon tie

of, uh, Felix the Cat.

Some old-timey cartoon.

You can, you can
paint them blue,

and wear an Abe Lincoln hat.
You'll be fine.

- Really?
- Trust me. Yeah.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I love how it's phrased, entitled to an investigation before he is terminated.  Sounds so very Kangaroo Court where it's just a formality to convict the accused.

He is entitled to an investigation. The information gathered will determine his continued employment. Her slant is too revealing of how she is prejudicial. 

They should just let this guy conduct the investigation:

TmH-sYf4_400x400.jpg

21 minutes ago, Stradler said:

I love how confident the cancel culture warriors are on anything and everything deemed bad in society, without major evidence.

Yeah, Callaway might be a dick, he might be a perv and a molester, but I need proof, not sob stories.

What is a cancel culture warrior?