• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arenado to the Cardinals

mmc

29 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

No, I am I said as much in a following post..  I just don't believe the move is really that awful, providing they actually do something with it moving forward.

The way I see it, they had a guy who despite how good he is wasn't going to help them win.  His salary was such that few teams would be willing to trade for him and the longer they keep him, the fewer the "good" years they had him for so, it would only have driven his value down to others.   

Mostly, was trying to compare the situations -- even then, they aren't equitable due to the differences in ages, but it's not as bad for the Rocks as people may think.   Really, it depends on what they do next...

Yeah sorry I hadn’t seen your post where you mentioned it when I quoted you 

Kind of sad watching franchise iconic great players depart to other teams after some acrimony and bitterness. But it's a business and the money is insane these days. 

Most likely we will have Trout his entire career. But even that is not a certainty given possible future events.

I guess productivity has to be sustained within an acceptable range for a long time great to endure with one team. Ted Williams, Mantle, Kaline, Musial, Banks and many more really great players were still good enough in their last years. And fans had intense loyalty. Trading such players would have had severe repercussions. 

Also sad to see greats like Mays and Duke Snider and even Babe Ruth drift to other teams when their play dropped off in their last seasons. Conversely, Frank Robinson was traded when the Reds thought he was declining. All he did was win the MVP and the World Series his first year in Baltimore.

Arenado isn't in an all time great class, but he probably will get HOF votes if he maintains his numbers. Tough for Rockies fans, but bridges were burnt and the finances were excessive. I wonder what other teams offefed? 

Cards are going to have some power at the corners - Arenado and Goldschmidt -

they have signed Wainwright back for a one year deal and should lock up YADIER for another year maybe two years, soon,

Arenado might not have as many HRs now that he is not playing half the season at Coors Field, but he hits for an average and have something like five gold gloves at third.  Cost a bundle (Colorado still contributing about $50 million towards that contract) but makes for a solid infield - DeYoung at SS - bot sure who plays 2B, Assume Carpenter is gone,  

• 2 months later...