nate

Random pics or Gifs for no reason

29 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Are you still teaching at the school?

we're doing all of our classes online. just got finished with 4th period u.s. history.

we found out officially yesterday that we will not be returning to campus for classes this school year. all class trips are canceled, and we have no idea how we're going to do graduation at this point.

i have a lunch break now and then this afternoon i have two world history classes. will be finished by 2:30.

our classes are shorter right now, which is kind of nice, and our school day ends a bit earlier than usual. the problem we've run into is kids screwing around when they're online and the potential for massive amounts of cheating. I'm giving my first two tests next week and trying to figure out how to keep cheating out of the equation. we have a couple of places that can host tests for us where kids need an access code to enter, the test is timed, and the chance to cheat is reduced.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

we're doing all of our classes online. just got finished with 4th period u.s. history.

we found out officially yesterday that we will not be returning to campus for classes this school year. all class trips are canceled, and we have no idea how we're going to do graduation at this point.

i have a lunch break now and then this afternoon i have two world history classes. will be finished by 2:30.

our classes are shorter right now, which is kind of nice, and our school day ends a bit earlier than usual. the problem we've run into is kids screwing around when they're online and the potential for massive amounts of cheating. I'm giving my first two tests next week and trying to figure out how to keep cheating out of the equation. we have a couple of places that can host tests for us where kids need an access code to enter, the test is timed, and the chance to cheat is reduced.

blah, blah, blah . . . 

what did you have for lunch? 

31 minutes ago, Lou said:

blah, blah, blah . . . 

what did you have for lunch? 

fava bean stew. very greek, and very delicious.

19 minutes ago, Lou said:

no moussaka? 

not today. probably tastes better with real beef than it does with a vegetarian burger substitute. we've had it and it was just so-so.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

not today. probably tastes better with real beef than it does with a vegetarian burger substitute. we've had it and it was just so-so.

Probably?

10 hours ago, Tank said:

fava bean stew. very greek, and very delicious.

My grandfather made an excellent fava bean soup. I wish I had learned his recipe. He was Italian by birth and married a beautiful Greek woman, which is who taught him. 

Nice. The texture of the fava beans wasn’t something we really liked so we might sub in a different kind of bean, but the flavor of the stew was really good so we’ll have this again.