• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon ranked the #1 Third Baseman by MLB Network heading into the 2021 season

rafibomb

Literally anyone 1-8 is pretty interchangeable on this list. But Rendon is probably the best choice at #1.

Bregman probably not because it's looking like losing the advantage the trash can banging has cratered his offensive output from elite to merely solid. 

Jose Ramirez and Nolan Arenado both can make a solid claim too. Ramirez is pretty dynamic with the bat and on the bases, and not bad in the field, before last year Arenado was elite in both bat and glove. I'm sure it'll all return for him, particularly if he's still playing in Colorado. 

But Rendon is probably the surest bet for all of them. The bat is elite, particularly in the OBP department, and his defense is also extremely good, only trailing Chapman in the AL. 

Edited by Second Base

41 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Yes I know he can't pitch, but like our pitching, 3rd base has been a huge hole for years in our lineup and I'm glad we have someone as elite as him on our team.

Good way to put it.

I was so pissed off about losing out on Cole, that when we signed Rendon, I didnt really care. Kind of didnt all year.

But it kind of hit me the other day. He truly is the first good 3B since Figgins. (Glaus for some people). MVP candidate at a spot where good ones arent usually available.... usually locked up before they can hit the market.

Still would have preferred Cole. But looking back, Im glad we jumped on the opportunity when it was there.

I'd have to give the edge to Bregman. He struggled with injury in 2020, but it is hard to beat his 7.6 and 8.1 WARs in 2018-19, plus he's four years younger than Rendon. Ramirez seems to have bounced back and could be the best of the bunch. I'd call those the "big three," with a second triad of Chapman, Arenado, and Machado. 

2018-20 fWAR (3B):

1. Bregman 17.1
  2. Rendon 15.9
  3. Ramirez 15.0
  4. Chapman 14.1
  5. Arenado 12.7
  6. Machado 11.9

No one else is above 10 WAR.

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd have to give the edge to Bregman. He struggled with injury in 2020, but it is hard to beat his 7.6 and 8.1 WARs in 2018-19, plus he's four years younger than Rendon. Ramirez seems to have bounced back and could be the best of the bunch. I'd call those the "big three," with a second triad of Chapman, Arenado, and Machado. 

2018-20 fWAR (3B):

1. Bregman 17.1
  2. Rendon 15.9
  3. Ramirez 15.0
  4. Chapman 14.1
  5. Arenado 12.7
  6. Machado 11.9

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

2018-20 fWAR (3B):

1. Bregman 17.1
  2. Rendon 15.9
  3. Ramirez 15.0
  4. Chapman 14.1
  5. Arenado 12.7
  6. Machado 11.9

You can dock Bergman a bit for being a cheating fuck knuckle.