• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Hand ?

It was obvious Hand wanted to be closer it will mean more money for him next year. Plenty of lefties to pick up if that is what Minasian wants. Tony Watson, Sean Doolittle, Jose Alvarez, Justin Wilson, Oliver Perez or Jake McGee. I would sign Watson or Alvarez or just use what we have on 40 man roster. I would like Minasian to sign 2 more starters Odorizzi and Walker. Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Quintana, Odorizzi, and Walker in 6 man rotation. Barria to bullpen, Sandoval to minors and if Ohtani comes back just be a big plus. Halos always have injuries to rotation and this staff would really have depth you would need.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:21 PM, Angels 1961 said:

Think Hand cost more around 10

Right

On 1/20/2021 at 7:32 PM, Stradling said:

If that is true then he would have been claimed.

Wrong

On 1/20/2021 at 9:33 PM, Hubs said:

Yeah he might get 8, 2/16 or something but not ten.

Wrong

On 1/11/2021 at 7:44 PM, tdawg87 said:

We aren't getting Brad Hand.

Right

On 12/10/2020 at 2:56 PM, Second Base said:

So basically, we got Raisel Iglesias for under 7 million. It makes sense that they didn't claim Brad Hand at 10 million now that we know Iglesias' value.

I suppose Hand's relative value is like 1/6.

Wrong

13 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Right

Wrong

Wrong

Right

Wrong

Hey everyone I was wrong.  I, along with 29 other MLB front offices were wrong.  Not only was I wrong and 29 front offices but the organization that signed him was wrong.  I would like to take this time to apologize for my ignorance in this matter.  

18 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Yup. 1/10.5. Crazy number given the information present. Clearly, Washington believes the velocity either doesn't matter, or they believe he can recover it.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Hey everyone I was wrong.  I, along with 29 other MLB front offices were wrong.  Not only was I wrong and 29 front offices but the organization that signed him was wrong.  I would like to take this time to apologize for my ignorance in this matter.  

Or no team at the time wanted to spend $10 million on a reliever and Washington might have had another RP in mind that didn't sign with them or they couldn't trade for so they signed Hand when those didn't work out.

Just now, beatlesrule said:

Or no team at the time wanted to spend $10 million on a reliever and Washington might have had another RP in mind that didn't sign with them or they couldn't trade for so they signed Hand when those didn't work out.

Washington was wrong, got it. 

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

These concerns about Hand might be appropriate, but his peripherals were still outstanding last year, and it’s just a one year deal. Little risk IMO. 

Take a closer look at those peripherals.   

He posted a career worst GB rate of 26.5, down from over 42%, and yet managed not to allow a HR.  His BaBip allowed was .255.  Those seem like hard results to replicate.  More importantly (IMO), he managed those numbers while pitching exclusively in the AL and NL Central, home of 9 of the 12 worst offenses in all of MLB. 

The CWS were the only team in either Central division with even a league average offense and they got to him.  I don't think he's done but his numbers last year aren't as good as they may seem at first glance