• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Today: Is Trevor Bauer the final piece?

18 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

We do have Alex Claudio, Jose Quijada, Patrick Sandoval, Jose Suarez, Dillon Peters and don’t sleep on Hector Yan who could be a lights out reliever at some point in 2021. 

My priorities have change slightly. 

1. Trevor Bauer (if not him one of the second tier starting pitchers).

2. Sign an every day right-fielder on a 1-year deal (Joc Pederson, Kevin Pillar, Nomar Mazara, Yasiel Puig, etc.)

3. Sign a high leverage reliever: Trevor Rosenthal, Alex Colome or Roberto Osuna.

4. Sign two secondary type relief pitchers. Soria and Oliver Perez?

Bring back Petit

17 hours ago, Stradling said:

Or other teams are being leveraged to get more from us, since it is such an obvious need.  Either way we are closer to the end of this than the beginning and I can’t imagine it isn’t resolved this week.  I simply don’t see us getting a starter, three relievers and an everyday right fielder.  I think we will see a starter, hopefully Bauer, a reliever, hopefully Rosenthal and a 4th outfielder type, Pilar or someone similar.  If we had an off season that looks like this:

Bauer or Odorizzi 

Quintana

Iglesias

Rosenthal

Claudio

Iglesias

Pilar or similar 

That would be an AMAZING off season.  

plus Suzuki

Based on what they've done so far this offseason, we still don't really know what the Angels plan is. So far, they've accumulated a bunch of players on affordable one year deals. Are they doing this because they are saving up for a big expenditure (ie. Bauer) or are they doing this because Arte isn't opening up the budget.

It's probably the latter, but the potential for the former still exists.