• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Jose Quintana (1 year, $8 million)

mmc

5 minutes ago, Bronson said:

This only makes sense if we get an ace or a #2 with the potential to become an ace. 

Let’s see what Perry does in the next few days. Should be very interesting.

Considering we estimated that we had about 20-25 mil to spend, it would seem that Gray would fit well here.

5 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Not bad, not here's my question. 

With Quintana, we have Bundy,Heaney, Canning,Ohtani and Barria, that's enough for a 6 man rotation. I truly believe that Barria should get a fair shot. Now the question(s) that needs to be asked;

1. Are we out of Bauer?

2. Is a trade coming up?

3. Is Ohtani not fully healthy

4 is Quintana the backup plan if we miss out on Bauer?

Ohtani is out of rotation until he proven healthy. Quintana only first piece for rotation puzzle. 

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

it's doesn't elevate us over .500 because we were already there.  

That’s the point...it doesn’t make us marginally better...and the last time we were actually over a .500 ball club was 2015. Two years of 80-82 is the closest we’ve been since. So it’s just another one of those good not great signings 

Just now, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

That’s the point...it doesn’t make us marginally better...and the last time we were actually over a .500 ball club was 2015. Two years of 80-82 is the closest we’ve been since. So it’s just another one of those good not great signings 

uh so?  who cares about the last time?  what does that have to do with how they'll perform in 2021?  

It does make us better.  to think otherwise is just ludicrous.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

He's had an FIP above 3.80 twice in his 9 year career.  In 2018, and his partial rookie season.  

His hr/fb rate bumped up considerably when he joined the cubs.  Can you say marine layer?  

I really like this add btw.  

We've been wanting this guy for a while now. I'm happy with it. 

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

All statements excited about Teheran last year are being repeated almost word for word.

----consistent innings is what we need

----great one year deal

----our defense will elevate him

God forbid a different GM might be better at his job than the one that just got fired.