• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Jose Quintana (1 year, $8 million)

mmc

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Oh OK.  So don’t bother pursuing a better pitcher.  Sounds smart.

That's not what I said. You do everything possible to improve the team but over trading for one guy is not the best idea when you have a lot of needs 

Edited by Toby Flenderson

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

“Trading for one guy is not the best idea when you have a lot of needs.”

Thanks for restating a stupid take.

Over trading, meaning over paying or trading other prospects that are in the future plans because that's what mid season pitching acquisitions will cost. I've said it here numerous times that if they don't start drafting and developing top tier pitching on their own then it's going be a problem every single year. 

Just now, Toby Flenderson said:

Over trading, meaning over paying or trading other prospects that are in the future plans because that's what mid season pitching acquisitions will cost. I've said it here numerous times that if they don't start drafting and developing top tier pitching on their own then it's going be a problem every single year. 

So don’t “overpay” and don’t blow all your prospects to get one pitcher in their walk year during a season when the acquisition likely won’t be enough to get into the playoffs.

This is groundbreaking revolutionary thinking that nobody else would have thought of.

Have you contacted the front office directly?

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

So don’t “overpay” and don’t blow all your prospects to get one pitcher in their walk year during a season when the acquisition likely won’t be enough to get into the playoffs.

This is groundbreaking revolutionary thinking that nobody else would have thought of.

Have you contacted the front office directly?

Did you have your morning coffee yet? I'm a little salty in the mornings before I have mine 

9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

The problem is he is going to have to excellent going forward to end up solid overall for 2021.

I couldn't care less what his resume ends up looking like, so I'd be content with decent from here on out.  Just want him to stop walking people and keep doing the other stuff he's doing with the K rate regressing towards the mean.  

Hopefully he pitches to his history and April ends up being his worst month of the season.