• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets fire new GM

Here's an article from a reporter who has been through similar experiences as the woman involved in the Porter situation.  She also says the power dynamic and the feeling of (predominantly) men that they won't bear any consequences are at the root of the problem:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-jared-porter-sexual-harassment-20210119-r556mbcwrvfadjypc7otbnkc3a-story.html

Edited by jsnpritchett

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Here's an article from a reporter who has been through similar experiences as the woman involved in the Porter situation.  She also says the power dynamic and the feeling of (predominantly) men that they won't hear any consequences are at the root of the problem:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-jared-porter-sexual-harassment-20210119-r556mbcwrvfadjypc7otbnkc3a-story.html

...and when you call out this type of behavior by men and describe it as unacceptable, some fucknut douche bags tell you that you are "simping"....whatever the hell that means.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Some good discussion points here.

But please dont deviate from the main point. Dude got rejected, sent his boner pics, still to no avail, then sent a pic of dodger stadium.

Thats funny in some way. And how are those two things related is what i want to know?

One is a dick, the other full of dicks. 

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I'd like to know what's going through his mind.  

"you know, she hasn't responded to 60 other texts I've sent.  I know what to do."  

Send.  

His thought process:

I've sent her 60 texts, she must be thick.

I'll send her one more, a pic of my dick.

That 61st, that'll do the trick!

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Some good discussion points here.

But please dont deviate from the main point. Dude got rejected, sent his boner pics, still to no avail, then sent a pic of dodger stadium.

Thats funny in some way. And how are those two things related is what i want to know?

Some artists and their work aren’t appreciated until years after their deaths. 

On 1/19/2021 at 11:02 AM, jsnpritchett said:

Situations like these rarely actually have anything to do with romance/dating/sex.  It's a power play.  He sent them because he could and because he didn't think he'd get in trouble.  He probably thought that she'd eventually give in if he kept sending her messages/pics simply because he was in a position of power (relatively speaking) and that in and of itself can be motivation enough to continue behavior like this for warped individuals.

...interesting

On 1/19/2021 at 11:17 AM, jsnpritchett said:

See my earlier post.  There are certain types of people who genuinely believe that this type of behavior will eventually lead to what they see as a positive outcome (i.e., the person who's less powerful will give in (and that can mean different things depending on the situation).

....makes sense

On 1/19/2021 at 12:33 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Here's an article from a reporter who has been through similar experiences as the woman involved in the Porter situation.  She also says the power dynamic and the feeling of (predominantly) men that they won't bear any consequences are at the root of the problem:

...corroborating evidence

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-01-21/mets-jared-porter-helene-elliott

Helene Elliott of the LA Times recounts multiple incidents of her own that are similar to what Porter did to the other reporter.  She also ascribes the behavior to a power trip, essentially.

....seems like there is a clear pattern.........pretty obvious for a casual observer to recognize.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:02 PM, Brandon said:

This isn’t true.

There are elements of a power trip that can be present, but they generally assert that prescience or authority component very early on.....not 60 something texts later.

He was infatuated and wanted to get his dick wet. The troubling and underlying condition that needs to be addressed is not getting a response but continually making advances then out of desperation sending out lewd messages to simply get a response/reaction.

...except

9 hours ago, eligrba said:

...interesting

....makes sense

...corroborating evidence

....seems like there is a clear pattern.........pretty obvious for a casual observer to recognize.

...except

I got my insight from a therapist and a psychologist. I'm sure you got yours from the internet while jsn is making a blanket assumption or got his psych degree from DeVry.

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I got my insight from a therapist and a psychologist. I'm sure you got yours from the internet while jsn is making a blanket assumption or got his psych degree from DeVry.

Even though you're trying to be cute, I actually was a psychology minor at Duke (started as my major, and was planning on becoming a therapist, before I decided I didn't want to go to grad school).  Have also worked with and known multiple people (primarily in the entertainment industry) who've been involved in situations exactly like this Porter one--on both sides.  Not a single person (on either side of the situation) has ever thought it was actually about sex or romance--either during the situation or in the aftermath (which often includes therapy as a requirement of any sort of settlement or arbitration).  So maybe you just know shitty therapists and psychologists if that's what they're telling you.