• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Musgrove to the Padres

rafibomb

1 hour ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Did the Angels not have anyone better than Endy Rodriguez to at least get Luchessi from the Pads? Not saying Luchessi is amazing or anything but he’s young, still has options, and could be depth to replace Barria or Sandoval just in case they get moved. 

No. The Pirates have desperately needed a catcher. Just like the Angels, their organization is barren in catching depth. The Angels have no catcher anywhere close to the caliber of Endy Rodriguez within their system and the Pirates prioritized adding a catcher in this deal.

16 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Sad on every level.

Ya'll realize we want this guy to be our ace and he's Padres what, 4th Starter?

Bauer and Odorizzi fixes this problem easily and quickly, Arte just needs to pay. 

I feel like we've backed ourselves into a corner now and Bauer or bust. 

Cannot afford both plus bullpen needs help

16 hours ago, Jinzu said:

It’s purpose is to help determine fair value. It has no power over teams who chose to trade for less.

Quality , Projectability and ability are in the eye of the beholder. Trade programs are fun! Maybe, in the Pirates eyes they received better prospects back in return with higher projectability and maybe long-term positional, roster protection and salary 5-7 years down their road at the MLB level while their youngsters mature? Maybe, not every MLB Team reads and cares what Baseball America or other fish-wrap and pundits think or how they rate Prospects?

16 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The few people I talked to in the industry tonight think the Pirates did very well. 

The Padres gave up 3 of their top 20 prospects, which for the Angels would be like 3 of their top 10. 

And it’s not like Joe Musgrove is a Cy Young winner. I suspect 5 months ago a lot of you had no idea who he was. 

It's January 19th and rotation has not been addressed. If Bauer signs leaves little money left if any and if he does not sign not a lot left on free agent market. At least not an ace or number 2.

17 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Sad on every level.

Ya'll realize we want this guy to be our ace and he's Padres what, 4th Starter?

Bauer and Odorizzi fixes this problem easily and quickly, Arte just needs to pay. 

I feel like we've backed ourselves into a corner now and Bauer or bust. 

I didn't. I thought he'd fit well as a middle rotation type comparable to Heaney and Canning. In my mind he would be the ideal second pitcher to Bauer since Bauer leaves no room for other big money (I don't see them signing Bauer and Odorizzi both). 

4 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Quality , Projectability and ability are in the eye of the beholder. Trade programs are fun! Maybe, in the Pirates eyes they received better prospects back in return with higher projectability and maybe long-term positional, roster protection and salary 5-7 years down their road at the MLB level while their youngsters mature? Maybe, not every MLB Team reads and cares what Baseball America or other fish-wrap and pundits think or how they rate Prospects?

I'd say absolutely and not just maybe on this.  But that's still the point of the website.  

WAR has considerable holes as a stat.  It's still worth looking at if you know where the holes are.  If anyone could actually predict the future, it would make the games a lot less interesting.