• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Musgrove to the Padres

rafibomb

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I think the Musgrove trade can be a BIG positive for the Angels. Yes, I thought they were done and likely were heavy after Musgrove, but I think this lights a little fire under Arte's ass again. 

Last year for example, we lost out on Cole and the Angels immediately flipped and went to Rendon. Was it a pitcher? No, but it was still a position we needed to fill. 

The Angels (by firing Eppler, having internal talks with Trout, etc, and saying payroll isn't going down) has given me thought that the Angels have publicly announced they need pitching help and know they need to win now. 

Arte doesn't want to show up empty handed. Let's say the Angels were in talks for Musgrove, Darvish and maybe even Snell. We've struck out on everything so far. 

One piece we haven't missed? Bauer. If it's a bidding war for a pitcher I doubt Arte will let it slide again. He's made it clear we need pitching, payroll won't go down and things need to change. 

Angels are in on Bauer. And now that Musgrove is gone, I don't think the Angels are going to let him get away. 

I went from thinking we're going to get a Quintana or Happ.... but now I firmly believe it will be Bauer to Anaheim, and I think it happens this week.

Arte is smart for not giving into to Bauer. Other than Cole (pitchers who’ve hit FA) no pitcher is worth $30+ mill/yr 

I’m so sick of the pandering from Bauer as well. I really hope he doesn’t end up an angel. 

I’m sure it was technically “possible” for the Angels to put together some kind of package and pull down Musgrove.  But does that mean we’re trading several of our top farm hands.  That’s not really a realistic scenario for the Angels.  If the guys in 7-15 range or whatever aren’t valued then we’re pretty fucked.  

like if the Angels can’t match this Lucchesi guy who didn’t even pitch last season.....holy fuck.  That’s not great. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I feel like the Angels trying to address their pitching needs the last so many years is the Angel fan equivalent of the movie Groundhog Day.  Whether it's the off season or trade deadline the outcome has been the same.  I realize the off season isn't over yet and the Angels probably didn't or wouldn't match up on most deals we've seen made but this is why I went into the off season with no expectations.

Padres gave up four pitchers to make the deal work.  

This is essentially what we gave up to get bundy except take away one of the pitching prospects and add Barria or Suarez and Jackson or Paris.  

If we're being optimistic for the Pirates, they essentially got maybe one 50 grade prospect in this deal and that's a stretch for Hudson Head who is probably a 45 and maybe a 45+.  

Bednar is a 40, Cruz is a 35 or 35+, Fellows isn't even on the radar.  Lucchesi was arguably the most valuable player in the deal and the pirates gave him up for a rookie ball catcher. 

this was a pretty sad return for the pirates in my opinion and a shame we weren't in on it 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

According to the trade simulator it is basically perfect.  

Adell is 54, marsh is what 36? Detmers is 11 and Barria is 4. That’s 105. Castillo alone is 115. Add Sandoval instead of Barria and you’re closer.