• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Musgrove to the Padres

rafibomb

11 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

And the reason they can do this is because they didn't shoot their wad before they were ready.  They kept building and building and building.   Fourteen years between playoff appearances, ten years between .500 seasons.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

And the reason they can do this is because they didn't shoot their wad before they were ready.  They kept building and building and building.   Fourteen years between playoff appearances, ten years between .500 seasons.

They also didnt have a Mike Trout.
You are correct, of course, but we can not afford to wait any longer.
We will either be the team that made the largest mistake in mlb history for not trading him, or the team that wasted him... We must win, or thats our legacy.
If they were not prepared to do whatever it took money wise, they should have traded him instead of extending him. 
Now, the time is now, the window is now... no more excuses.

4 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Take Bauer off the Mets' list now. 

Bauer favorites now are Blue Jays, Angels, White Sox. 

The Mets have a endless amount of money 

I’m convinced the angels are done this off season. 

If not they’ll be bargain hunting 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

They also didnt have a Mike Trout.
You are correct, of course, but we can not afford to wait any longer.
We will either be the team that made the largest mistake in mlb history for not trading him, or the team that wasted him... We must win, or thats our legacy.
If they were not prepared to do whatever it took money wise, they should have traded him instead of extending him. 
Now, the time is now, the window is now... no more excuses.

Is Lester still out there?

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

The Mets have a endless amount of money 

I’m convinced the angels are done this off season. 

If not they’ll be bargain hunting 

I think the Musgrove trade can be a BIG positive for the Angels. Yes, I thought they were done and likely were heavy after Musgrove, but I think this lights a little fire under Arte's ass again. 

Last year for example, we lost out on Cole and the Angels immediately flipped and went to Rendon. Was it a pitcher? No, but it was still a position we needed to fill. 

The Angels (by firing Eppler, having internal talks with Trout, etc, and saying payroll isn't going down) has given me thought that the Angels have publicly announced they need pitching help and know they need to win now. 

Arte doesn't want to show up empty handed. Let's say the Angels were in talks for Musgrove, Darvish and maybe even Snell. We've struck out on everything so far. 

One piece we haven't missed? Bauer. If it's a bidding war for a pitcher I doubt Arte will let it slide again. He's made it clear we need pitching, payroll won't go down and things need to change. 

Angels are in on Bauer. And now that Musgrove is gone, I don't think the Angels are going to let him get away. 

I went from thinking we're going to get a Quintana or Happ.... but now I firmly believe it will be Bauer to Anaheim, and I think it happens this week.