• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com's Los Angeles Angels 2021 Top-30 Prospects

Well @Angelsjunky, do we have a debate in us about Alex Cobb. I mean I think we said about all that could be said about Quintana. 

Also, losing Jam Jones seriously sucks. Great clubhouse guy, great athleticism. His bat rebounded at the alt site and he should do very well in AAA this year. My sense is the O's got a solid player whose value will outweigh that off one year and 7.5 million of Cobb. 

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Well @Angelsjunky, do we have a debate in us about Alex Cobb. I mean I think we said about all that could be said about Quintana. 

Also, losing Jam Jones seriously sucks. Great clubhouse guy, great athleticism. His bat rebounded at the alt site and he should do very well in AAA this year. My sense is the O's got a solid player whose value will outweigh that off one year and 7.5 million of Cobb. 

As I said in the other thread, bad trade. It makes no sense to spend $7.5M on Cobb and throw in Jones when the Angels could have signed a similar caliber pitcher (a #5 starter) for the same or less. I honestly don't get it, and its the first move that Perry has made that has me scratching my head.

Zach Linginfelter is a name we didn't have on our top-30 list. 

The college draftee out of Tennessee could be on a fast track to the big leagues as a reliever with a mid 90's FB (touches 98 mph) and a really good curveball, but the Angels could let his average slider/changeup develop which would give them yet another pitching prospect for the rotation in the next couple years. 

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Zach Linginfelter is a name we didn't have on our top-30 list. 

The college draftee out of Tennessee could be on a fast track to the big leagues as a reliever with a mid 90's FB (touches 98 mph) and a really good curveball, but the Angels could let his average slider/changeup develop which would give them yet another pitching prospect for the rotation in the next couple years. 

Interesting.  I'll admit that I don't even remember the Angels drafting him.  His last year at Tennessee looks pretty ugly by the numbers, but maybe his numbers can start matching his stuff as he progresses:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=lingin000zac

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Interesting.  I'll admit that I don't even remember the Angels drafting him.  His last year at Tennessee looks pretty ugly by the numbers, but maybe his numbers can start matching his stuff as he progresses:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=lingin000zac

Sounds eerily like the same scouting report on Garrett Richards out of Oklahoma. Good K/9 numbers & flashed excellent stuff, but the results weren't there. 

18 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Great name, too. Sounds almost...kinky.

It looks like BA really likes Erik Rivera and Jose Bonilla. I wonder why they have Rivera ranked over Holmes. Also, Trent Deveaux is conspicuously absent. Warren over Deveaux?

I think it's easy to elevate a guy like Deveaux.  No matter what happens, you've likely got 3-4 years to include him at some point.  He's not going to suddenly turn into Acuna or Soto.  Same thing applies to guys like Bonilla and Rivera but in the opposite way.  You can slowly work them off the list over time.  Whereas a guy like linginfelter could move quick.  

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think it's easy to elevate a guy like Deveaux.  No matter what happens, you've likely got 3-4 years to include him at some point.  He's not going to suddenly turn into Acuna or Soto.  Same thing applies to guys like Bonilla and Rivera but in the opposite way.  You can slowly work them off the list over time.  Whereas a guy like linginfelter could move quick.  

I'm just wondering what they like about Erik Rivera better than Holmes.