• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com's Los Angeles Angels 2021 Top-30 Prospects

2 hours ago, ettin said:

I didn't give a comment on Adell but in every interview I have heard him speak he is light years ahead in maturity for his age. Additionally, following him on Instagram and Twitter, you can see he is constantly working out on a regular basis, whether it is weightlifting, agility drills, etc. There is just a sense, from my point of view, that he is doing everything he can to be mentally and physically prepared for the profession he has selected. I, for one, believe he is just waiting to burst out and take the baseball world by storm, he just needs his areas of weakness (K% rate for instance) to improve. A little more seasoning will do that and I think many of his naysayers will be shocked to see how wrong they were.

Yep. Pretty much all of this. Spot on @ettin

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

Wth? Stop with this garbage. You're making me want Minasian to not trade any of our top guys. 🤬

Honestly with the amount of solid SP free agents out there, I think we'd be stupid trading for a starting pitcher. Especially with Rodriguez and Detmers pretty close and Koch, Yan and few others 2-3 years away. 

Go all in for Bauer IMO. If not, sign a Paxton and Walker, or two of the like for plan B. 

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Where are all the hot takes?

I think Brandon Marsh will have a better career than Jo Adell. Bookmark it Lou.

We all ranked them differently. 

My top 5 was: Rodriguez, Marsh, Detmers, Adell, Adams. 

You can't get a hotter take than that my man. 😉

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We all ranked them differently. 

My top 5 was: Rodriguez, Marsh, Detmers, Adell, Adams. 

You can't get a hotter take than that my man. 😉

Adell and Rodriguez are pretty high variance players. They could each be the best player in the league at some point or fizzle out. Adell probably has too much talent not to stake out a decent career, but I find his weaknesses concerning. There is a chance he never learns to make enough contact to really contribute. Marsh, on the other hand, seems like a safe pick. His all around talents will allow him to stick in MLB and the big question about his power developing is something I'd definitely bet on given his size and strength.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Adell and Rodriguez are pretty high variance players. They could each be the best player in the league at some point or fizzle out. Adell probably has too much talent not to stake out a decent career, but I find his weaknesses concerning. There is a chance he never learns to make enough contact to really contribute. Marsh, on the other hand, seems like a safe pick. His all around talents will allow him to stick in MLB and the big question about his power developing is something I'd definitely bet on given his size and strength.

This was exactly my line up thinking when I put together my ranking. 

6 hours ago, John Smith said:

Thanks guys, always enjoy reading about minor leagues prospects.

Where do you see Denzer Guzman listed?

Our panel outside of a couple agreed that not having seen him in addition to him not getting any looks in the DSL and Pro-Ball, we decided to evaluate at a later day, maybe even by mid-season if he's able to play in the Dominican League. 

11 hours ago, Junkballer said:

Thanks for all the solid work guys.  Great read.

One thing I could use a little help with is the comments regarding Adells mental makeup as a strong point.  I have heard this elsewhere and while I do not have an opinion for or against it, I would like to hear something about why the contributors here feel comfortable with echoing the attribute.

Here's a link to an interview I did with him 2 years ago, when he was 18, I believe. Most 18 year Olds are hard to interview and barely give more than a one or two word response to a question. Compare his responses. 

He really is advanced for his age in terms of mental makeup. Yes, he looked a bit lost last year in some games, but I think most people would find the game getti g ahead of them playing in the majors with that pressure at any age, let alone his, especially with all that was happening last year. 

Let him get some time in AAA and he should be fine. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.angelswin.com/blogs/entry/2980-angels-of-prospect-jo-adell-talks-with-angelswincom/&ved=2ahUKEwiqnsjitqfuAhVxNX0KHUbvDe8QFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw31BL-Un9BgZjw-Xx3MMNc4&cshid=1611039814483

9 hours ago, John Smith said:

Thanks guys, always enjoy reading about minor leagues prospects.

Where do you see Denzer Guzman listed?

Too early to tell for me. I'd like to talk with the people I know to get a better feel for where to rank him. 

Somebody must have liked him, though, to drop that kind of coin on him. Most likely we will rank him in a mid-season update. Let's just hope that there is a season for the Minor Leagues so that they can develop him and we can get a better idea of where he ranks. 

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

Great job guys, very fun to read (and badly needed right about now).

Curious what you guys thought about Jose Salvador - the PTBNL in the Goodwin trade. Any talk of putting him in the 25-30 range? 

I had him initially on my list but found other guys who deserved to be on there over him.

I also left off Gerado Reyes who we received in the Castro trade because he had too much time on the big league roster with the Padres.

Definitely someone to keep an eye on though in the 30-35 range.

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

Great job guys, very fun to read (and badly needed right about now).

Curious what you guys thought about Jose Salvador - the PTBNL in the Goodwin trade. Any talk of putting him in the 25-30 range? 

I know for me personally, the last 7 or 8 guys on my list were probably interchangeable with another 10-12 that didn't make the cut.  I could have listed 50 as there are still a handful of interesting players who could break into the top 30 pretty easily next year.  

And, this year's draft is going to be super deep.  All those guys who would have gone in the 6th round and beyond with an extra year to improve and hopefully open some eyes.  So a lot of the guys who might have normally gone earlier are going to get pushed down so I think we'll see this draft contribute quite a bit.  

45 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I know for me personally, the last 7 or 8 guys on my list were probably interchangeable with another 10-12 that didn't make the cut.  I could have listed 50 as there are still a handful of interesting players who could break into the top 30 pretty easily next year.  

And, this year's draft is going to be super deep.  All those guys who would have gone in the 6th round and beyond with an extra year to improve and hopefully open some eyes.  So a lot of the guys who might have normally gone earlier are going to get pushed down so I think we'll see this draft contribute quite a bit.  

One of the big take aways from doing this draft was that our system has a lot more talent than many realize. A cursory examination of our system doesn't show that because most of our talent is very ry young and didn't get to put their talent on display in a real season last year. 

Someone asked where we'd rank our system. Right now, I'd say in the upper teens with a chance to move into the low teens with a good draft and some of the players developing as projected.